N-track 4 benefits

I’m using 3.3 and was wondering what are the benefits for upgrading to 4.? I’m actually in the middle of mixing a few projects so if 4. is gonna make my life easier, I’d want to upgrade. What do you guys think?

Sorry but it didn’t make my life easier & I switched backed to 3.3. While there does seem to be alot more functionality, I found it much harder to use than 3.3 and more of a resource hog.

NEVER switch in the middle of a job!

My $0.02

TG

PS HA! I should take my own advice. Had to track my sons band with Cubase LE this weekend as n was acting funky. New build install… may be a tweak I missed.

I can’t believe there isn’t any outrage against the incredibly STUPID way the mixer works now.

No, V4 won’t make your life easier if you are in the middle of mixing an existing project(s). It may make it harder.

V4 is no harder to use than V3, but it is different in some respects - slight interface changes and new functionality that’s not explained in the docs, etc. It all depends on how easily you learn new tricks and can figure things out on you own.

Try V4 when the next project starts.

Quote (phoo @ Sep. 26 2005,16:51)
slight interface changes

Does anybody actually like the mixer the way it is now? (i.e. gay and stupid)

you know you can EASILY set up the mixer EXACTLY like it was before.
open the master mixer, right click on it, and turn on/off the features you want.

Not on my dual-monitor setup. The behavior of the mixer is… just… I don’t know how to explain it other than… stupid.

<!–QuoteBegin>

V4 is no harder to use than V3

If that’s true then, how come I couldn’t even get it to play in stereo this weekend? This just worked in 3.3 when I panned the tracks the way I wanted them.

<!–QuoteBegin>
slight interface changes and new functionality that’s not explained in the docs, etc.

That’s comforting.
Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 26 2005,17:33)
If that's true then, how come I couldn't even get it to play in stereo this weekend? This just worked in 3.3 when I panned the tracks the way I wanted them.

Sounds like you activated the mono button on the master channel.

Is there a Way I can get those built in Compressors, etc. for 3.3?

what exactly is wrong with your mixer? is it expanding in an irritating way? as far as configuration of channels and layout, you make it the same.

Yeah, what the wierdness, Jason?

I haven’t had any problems with the mixer in the latest version (1969). Some of the previous builds had some pretty major issues with resizing and redraws.

There is a bug (functionality funkiness) in the mixer that when the option to hide minimized/hidden tracks option is on all the tracks assigned to groups will be hidden as well. This functionality doesn’t make sense if it’s by-design in my opinion, though it’s possible this is intentional. It took me a while to realize why all my tracks were disappearing when none of them were minimized. (I’m not sue what “hidden” means in this context)

Phoo - I thought that this (disappearing groups) was an issue, but its actually configurable within Group properties. I’m not at home at the moment to check, but it was put in at build 1934 (see change log) and can just be toggled on and off.

Ta
John

Hmm… I’ve had next to no problems at all with my copy of version 4.

<!–QuoteBegin>

i wouldn’t consider the new mixer any more or less homosexual than it was before.

personally i find it to be a bit more extra flexibility that i will never use, but in larger projects i can see how it would be useful. i’m curious to hear specifically what it is you don’t like about how the mixer is set up in 4.1.
Quote (Former Member Gone @ Sep. 26 2005,16:56)
Quote (phoo @ Sep. 26 2005,16:51)
slight interface changes

I have not, to date, witnessed my copy of N-track kissing men.

I will be on alert, however. Thank you.

Quote (Octopus @ Sep. 28 2005,01:32)
I have not, to date, witnessed my copy of N-track kissing men.

…Who is to say that n-Track is male? ???

It’s way too hard to explain, and has nothing to do with the “setup” of the mixer - just try running the mixer in full screen mode during your next song project. If you don’t have the problem I have, you’re luckier than I am!

Hi,

Does anyone know, what is the difference between build version 1969 and the latest 1970?

Thanks!!!