TG :)

Quote (gtr4him @ Oct. 04 2005,09:13)
See HERE...

TG :)

Thanks gtr4him.

“Fixed problem with "Mixdown while playing" Mixdown option”

Cheers!!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Does anyone know, what is the difference between build version 1969 and the latest 1970?

One.

:)

(sorry - I could not resist.)

<!–QuoteBegin>

<!–QuoteBegin>

Trust me there is a difference between 16bit and 24bit.

Yup. 8 bits!

Ah but those 8 bits are well worth the extra $ if you have 24 bit capable hardware. The extra headroom is wonderful!

TG

Posted this earlier… phoo I guess we’re a couple smart-a$$es today! LOL!

TG :D

Well, at least part of us is smart. :)

Better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

Better to be pissed off than pissed on.

I had problems with the mixer in some earlier builds of 4.1.
Didn’t behave nicely or be configured the same and seemed to be a lot more resource hungry.

I run a dual monitor setup so basically have the timeline on 1 monitor and the mixer on the other (with a small area for the recording VU meters next to the mixer).

4.1 was using a lot more resoruces than build 1846 on both projects created in 4.05 and 4.1.

I’m back on 4.05 build 1846 which is super stable for me.

I haven’t tried the latest builds of 4.1 yet but will get around to it when I have some time.

There are a lot of things I like about v4.05 over 3.x (off the top of my head - freeze, better midi editing stability, fx managment )

Rich

Hi guys and thank you for all of your help!!

Q: I just downloaded the new 4.1 Build 1972
but when I installed it, it shows as 1971 and asked me to upgrade.

????

Quote (dgaziel @ Oct. 05 2005,23:58)
Q: I just downloaded the new 4.1 Build 1972
but when I installed it, it shows as 1971 and asked me to upgrade.

Same here. My registration also now says registered to “Test.” instead of to my name.–I have no idea if these two anomalies are related. I think Flavio made a mistake somewhere. :wink: My guess is there will be a real build 1972 or 1973 out soon.

–David

My registration shows “Test” ever since I bought the 24 bit upgrade.
IIRC the 16 bit versions used to be registered to “Io” (which is not my name either, but correct anyhow from my point of view…).
b1972 - b1971 - my name - something else - I don’t really care much: I paid —>program works -->Io sono felice;Test è felice anche;and I’m happy too.

io = me in italian, I think someone said once…

Mine also keeps asking me to upgrade after I already did…Does anyone else’s N-tack like to crash whenever trying to change the preferences for midi?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Mine also keeps asking me to upgrade after I already did…

This will happen whenever Flavio puts up a new build, as has happened the last few days. The check for upgrades feature can be turned off in the preferences.

i’ve tried other software (ie pro tools, et al) and I found ntrack to be the least hungry for memory and, therefore, the smoothest running. I use an old (i mean really old 2.xx) version and, at this time have no reason to change.
I do get the impression that the newer versions are more MIDI friendly though. But, I haven’t been able to solve the MIDI puzzle yet so that is a non-issue. However, my MIDI problems might very well be caused by the ancient version I have. Who knows—kinda chicken or egg dilemma…