n-Track 6.x & misc......

general volunteerism

As you all know TomS and I are doing this contest thing as an effort to give n and Flavio what we feel is well deserved attention… and as a kick in the butt in hopes that 6 will be what we all know it can be, and it got me thinkin’ again about the Wiki and the site in general… it’s pretty much suffered from a lack of attention. (Not saying anything bad about Flavio’s upkeep - I would hope he just doesn’t have the time and is working on n-6.)

I have not talked to Flavio about this yet - I wanted to talk to the folks that mattered first - you guys - here’s what I’d like to be able to run by da man.

I’d like to get together a team, a group of volunteers to do html updates (especially the user music page) - wiki total update, and whatever we as a group can do to take these tasks off of Flavio’s, plate. I’m just a hack at html but I can keep a site up once it’s done - let me know here or by PM. I’m sure Flavio wouldn’t be willing to give access to just anyone so we’ll probly have to send him a cup’o’piss or sumpin.

Just curious if anyone else wants to offer their time.

On a personal not I’m really grateful for everyone of ya’ll the way you’ve accepted my sense of humor - hope I’ve been a help here and there.

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts.

Hi Poppa Willis and TomS:

I’ve been away for a while…
I owe You and TomS a PM regarding that Idea we were tossing around…
I need to reply to this but It’s something like Writer’s Block…
I don’t know how quite to organize what-or how would satisfy my ideas and how much energy in-put that person needs to expend to qualify…
I hope I’m not making too much of this…

I’m struggling with my energy level here…
I’ve been in-and-out of the Hospital with appointments at the Urology Dept.
They’ve moved me up the long waiting list for a Cat Scan…
We’ll see how this goes… It’ll be early in July…
Some people wait 8-to-12 months around here for a Cat Scan…
other-wise you get a private place to do the scan…
at $800.00 - $1000.00…
They call it Two-Tier Health…
You Know…

Coming back to your topic…

I think I owe this Forum some Pay-Back for all the years I’ve been a member…
If there’s something you think I’m able to do in the Maintenance Department for the Wiki Pages, I’ll be quite happy to step up to the plate…
I’ll contribute as much time as I can find here…
Once I know what the Key-Strokes are I’ll be off-and-running…

Bill…

[EDIT]

I see… AND… I was afraid of that… I’ve taken way too much from this Board in relation to what I’ve put in…

That is really unfair…
You know what I mean…
Gents… Can you work on that for me ??

First things first Bill - take care of yourself.

I’ll see how much interest there is and go from there.

Seriously, take care of yourself.

I’ll help if I can.

I’m an HTML hack too, and I know my way around a web server and forum software installation and SQL.

I also installed the original trial Wiki site that we did before Flavio put up the official n-track Wiki and I helped him port the stuff across.