N-Track 7.02 crashing

I just downloaded the trial version of N-Track Studio v7.02 last Saturday. While testing it out, it keeps crashing randomly. Several times it was when I was trying to paste a copied section of a track into a new track, once it was adding an EQ effect to a track. I was doing other operations as well, several other times, but don’t remember what I was doing when it happened. I am using the 64-bit version on Windows 7, 64-bit. I even got a dump dialogue box several times when I exited the program normally. I noticed last night that I was not on the newest build. Mine was Build 3036, and the newest was 3040. I downloaded and installed that Build. It still crashes. It doesn’t seem as frequent, but still happens occassionally. Is anyone else having crash issues? I really like the program, but I hate to pay money for a piece of software that is going to be crashing all the time. Any insights would be great.

Movieman,

what actions do you exactly perform when the crashes happen? It would be great if you list the steps that lead to the crash, so that we would be able to reproduce and fix the problem.

Thanks.

Flavio.

The first two times it happened I was cloning a track when it crashed. When that didn’t work, I tried adding a new blank track. Then, I cut part of a previously recorded track. When I went to paste it into the blank track, it crashed again. Then, as I mentioned, I also got a Debug dialogue box several times when I exited a session normally. I selected to send the Debug information on to ntrack. Do you guys look at the Debugs from crashes?

We do examine the crash dumps, however very often we can’t extract from them enough information to reproduce and fix a crash. If the crash occurs again, please click on the “Fill problem report” button in the box that appears while the crash dump is being uploaded, and include in the report the sequence of steps you did that lead to the crash. This would greatly increase the chances that we’d be able to reproduce and fix the problems.

Thanks.

Flavio.

Thanks, Flavio. I will remember to do that if it happens again.