n-Track and EZdrummer midi tracks

I was hoping for the latest version to have a fix for drag and drop midi clips for programming drum tracks with EZdrummer. Once again no joy. Each clip still goes to a newly generated midi track. I would presume this mode of operation applies to all midi instruments that utilize “drag and drop” ease - though EZD is all I am using at the time.
It’s just increasingly frustrating to have to continue working in another program to build basic tracks. I find myself staying longer and doing more in other programs while I wait for n.

I have no problem dragging from EZ solo to N.
Just tried it. Did several different grooves to several seperate tracks.
(Did you see my tip?) If you cross an area on the timeline which would normally hold a track, it will indeed put the clip in a new track. But if you don’t, then you should be OK.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 21 2009, 10:23 AM)

I was hoping for the latest version to have a fix for drag and drop midi clips for programming drum tracks with EZdrummer. Once again no joy. Each clip still goes to a newly generated midi track. I would presume this mode of operation applies to all midi instruments that utilize "drag and drop" ease - though EZD is all I am using at the time.
It's just increasingly frustrating to have to continue working in another program to build basic tracks. I find myself staying longer and doing more in other programs while I wait for n.

Just one of the reasons I bailed on n-Track. This ought to be a pretty simple fix and people have been going on about it for three years or so... It's a pretty aggravating problem that NONE of my other softies exhibit.

:heart-break:

D

PS I did watch your tip movie 7 o' 11. It appears to help but I can't test it out. Drag and drop just works like it is supposed to in other apps. *shrug*

I swear it does work - but on the EZ screen, if you drag from the bottom where the clip is and you cross an open area in the track timeline (EVEN if it is covered by the EZ screen, then it will put it in a new track. Solution - avoid dragging across the timeline under the tracks. It would be a whole lot better if you could re-size the EZ screen. That’s the real problem.

n-Track has the order of operations wrong IMO. What I saw happening was as soon as a drag was detected over the timeline, n created a new track which immediately got focus and on left button release it dropped the clip in the new track. It SHOULD not create anything new unless and not until the left button is released over EMPTY (no existing track) timeline space. If you drop it over an already existing track, it should go there. IMO etc…

Do EZ clips now align properly with the grid? That was another annoyance I got peeved about. I’d have the tempo and time sig set correctly and drop a one measure clip on a track and it didn’t fit the grid?

D

PS Please bear in mind that I haven’t used n since way back… I’m just offering suggestions concerning observations back then. :peace:

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Jul. 21 2009, 11:33 AM)

Do EZ clips now align properly with the grid? That was another annoyance I got peeved about. I'd have the tempo and time sig set correctly and drop a one measure clip on a track and it didn't fit the grid?

no, that's what my feature request was about.
the grid and midi data operate independent of each other.
it all has to be done manually and even then sometimes you don't know what your gonna get, even after stripping out the program changes.

ps this with any midi clip not just EZDrummer.

Definately needs a look at.

Quote: (nramusic @ Jul. 21 2009, 11:40 AM)

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Jul. 21 2009, 11:33 AM)

Do EZ clips now align properly with the grid? That was another annoyance I got peeved about. I'd have the tempo and time sig set correctly and drop a one measure clip on a track and it didn't fit the grid?

ps this with any midi clip not just EZDrummer.

Yeah. I remember... thanks for the reply though.

Maybe Flavio will get around to fixing these things someday...

D
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Jul. 21 2009, 12:42 PM)

[quote=nramusic,Jul. 21 2009, 11:40 AM]
Yeah. I remember... thanks for the reply though.

Maybe Flavio will get around to fixing these things someday...

D

sorry D, I didn't mean to sound like a snot.
I just meant to clarify for the masses.
I can see how it came off like that.

Huh? No snot here mate! :p

It didn’t come off that way at all. :agree:

D

I just did some looping tests on a clip drag. It still won’t meter correctly. :disagree:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 21 2009, 1:49 PM)

I just did some looping tests on a clip drag. It still won't meter correctly. :disagree:

Well that reeks of non pleasant odoriferous emanations! :p

D

Geez I know if you add a wav file part you have to slide it around and line it up.
What’s this world comming to anyweay?
We BIG cry babies?
:whistle: I think that midi and wav parts should know what we are thinkin and automatically go into perfect position, no question!

Well that’s the whole issue Levi. If a MIDI clip is EXACTLY one measure long, the software that imports it should place it on the timeline grid EXACTLY one measure long. Everybody else’s software does it. Why not n-Track?

As far as waves go, if they are Acidized loops they should also be imported and placed in their proper grid alignment and pitch. This is something that I think ‘R’ still has issues with. Don’t know about n-Track though.

I’m sure Flava-Flav will get it all ironed out… Maybe before others bail on the program like this traitorous turn-coat did. :)

D

Yea it’s like looking at a clock - gee it tells me what time it is! I set it and it works. What a concept.
For those of use who work with midi on a daily basis and need accuracy, it’s a must.

:agree: You have a valid point Mr Willis. I'm actually just messin with y'all, including Flavio. Pls continue.

I figured… :p

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 21 2009, 4:03 PM)

Yea it's like looking at a clock - gee it tells me what time it is! I set it and it works. What a concept.
For those of use who work with midi on a daily basis and need accuracy, it's a must.

:D couldn't have said it better
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 21 2009, 5:40 PM)

I figured........ :p

:p hey, ever fill out a bug report on this action?
I know it's been better and has been worse.
Is it not considered a bug?

I personally never use a grid.
I don't like waffles either.
:agree:
I can deal with it like it is personally.
Like flap jacks, just tosss them in there and pour some surp on them. Yummy!
ps, ever wonder what D uses a studio for? :laugh: