n-Track and EZdrummer midi tracks

hehe - I wonder about D for a lot of things - not just his recording slackerness!

- Yea - bug report - personal plea - attempted bribery (lack of funds saved me that charge)
I haven’t threatened to bring my family to Italy yet - maybe that would work! oh yea - funds.
:heart-break:

:laugh:

My bug reports lately have all been clasified or catigorized as "nots"; not onfirmed by Flav.
So if he can't reproduce it, then it's not a bug.
And he doesn't work on it?
I suppose even if he can reproduce it, he still might see it as a deficency that is the lesser of two evils.
I know Flavio appreciates you!

About all I use my “studio” for lately, when I find the time, is to mix live recordings from our church. We’re capturing them with a MOTU 24 I/O plumbed into the direct outs of our FOH mixer. I’m still working to get the best signal going in. Changing mic placements etc. They’re getting better… still working on a “mixing system” to make things sound better and move a little quicker too.

Due to vacations and what-not, we haven’t had the full band play together in several weeks but I might have a couple of songs ready for “sampling” soon.

As for these drag and drop things, it’s debatable whether one should call it a BUG or just undesirable behaviors. When I started really using MIDI, this was just one additional nail in n-Track’s coffin here. If you remember (or do a forum search), YES! I did piss and moan about it at length and mostly got slapped down. So I stopped and just started lurking and using something else that works.

For some reason known only to Flavio, this just isn’t very high on his priority list. I can’t understand WHY because almost everybody these days (especially newer, younger users) are using MIDI and loops for composing. I’ve already had several people try n and ditch it for this very reason. It’s real $$$$ just slipping away…

I could go on and on about why I left n but nobody, including me wants to hear it again. So I’ll just sit on my $34 upgrade fee and watch and wait. It’ll get there someday…

D

PS Working with live recordings is a PITA! Besides all the bleed, bleed, bleed…

“Hey err… can’t you sing into the microphone? Vocals don’t sound very good with unintentional sweeping tremolo effects on them…”

“Dude… strike the drum(s) with those hickory logs. NOT the microphones…”

“DO NOT TOUCH the Master Volume on the keyboard! FOH guy has your back!”

“Why did you just STOP PLAYING in the middle of the bridge?” “Are you suddenly shy?” “Forget the song?” "WHAT?!?!?!?"

Etc… etc… etc…

Sorry if I was one of those squashing your rants about midi :agree: A yr ago I was scratchin my head about you and some of your anti posts. But this yr I know and it’s obvious you have true value! Thx for all your help good man! :)

Well just because I don’t use n anymore doesn’t mean I don’t care. It was my first DAW back at V3 something or other so I kind of have a soft spot for it. It’s a good package! But like everything else, it can be better. :agree:

D

:agree:

my drum tracks are all EZD....and I don't like going back and forth between different programs to make them work...

cliff

p.s. I do own v.6 but rarely use it. Like D, I have a soft spot for N....like my first girlfriend.....

i have had the same problem dragging patterns from addictive drums, n just kept putting them into a new track. In the end I just decieded to make my own simple fills in the piano roll.