n-Track brains trust

Help and advice

I have a rehearsal tomorrow at my place. Our infamous band ‘Banyaga’ have a private gig in 2 weeks time and we’re all rusty.

The client has asked for some ‘dance numbers’. Any suggestions for some tunes that will get them on their feet without being too cheezy? We don’t want to go into ‘Dancing Queen’ or ‘I will Survive’ territory.

We have Guitar, Keys, Bass, Drums, one male singer and one female, and are pretty much rock oriented.

Cheers!

Superstition

i suppose ‘natural science’ is out…

play that funky music white boy - the song, and you too.

Higher Ground (Red Hot Chili Peppers Version)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hS3hEuAbuLE

oh sorry the topic had ‘brains’ in it - way out of my league…

Superstition…Sounds good but will have to get Liza to sing it. Way out of my league.
Natural Science…don’t think we’re in the Rush league. Great song though!
Play that funky music is good for 2 voices.
Higher Ground…Phoo that’s a great one!

All motown all night long.

Except for the stax numbers.

Eyup!

Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo, Quo,

:laugh:

Don’t know what’s considered non-cheesy dance music, but the only thing that popped into my head was “I Just Want To Celebrate” by Rare Earth.

Tom… We do a variation of ‘Tracks of my tears’ if that counts.

Beefy… I think you’ve met the Bass player. Anne(Potski)until 5 years ago she hadn’t heard of Quo. Loves them now…Burning Bridges would be great!

Kev…I forgot about that song! Great funky tune to get some hips gyrating(not mine I hasten to add)

Brick House - Commodores
Your Mama Don’t Dance - Loggins and Messina
Colour My World - Chicago
Wonderful Tonight - Eric clapton

Ya gotta have some belly rubbin’ tunes! :)

Quote: (Zay @ Jan. 24 2009, 3:12 AM)

Brick House - Commodores
Your Mama Don't Dance - Loggins and Messina
Colour My World - Chicago
Wonderful Tonight - Eric clapton

Ya gotta have some belly rubbin' tunes! :)

Like the belly rubbin' idea :) But I've more or less banned 'Wonderful Tonite'....unless the buggers request it!!

Ain’t too Proud to Beg!