n-Track completely disappeared.

???

I was mixing a song when all of a sudden n-Track completely disappeared.
I could still hear the music that I was mixing, but the visual side was GONE.

ANY IDEA?

Could it have been you accidentlly minimized n-Track… ?? If you did , n-Track should have been on your Task Bar… It is an alturnitive way of introducing another EDITOR to work on a track while Not Closing n-Track…

Bill…

Quote (woxnerw @ Dec. 27 2005,21:01)
Could it have been you accidentlly minimized n-Track.. ?? If you did , n-Track should have been on your Task Bar.. It is an alturnitive way of introducing another EDITOR to work on a track while Not Closing n-Track..

Bill..

no, wasn't it. I'm just having way too many problems with ntrack at the moment. It works OK for 10...20...30 minutes or whatever and then acting up again. don't know>>>>>>>

if you can still hear the music seems like n-track is still tracking…
do you have a loose connection on your monitor? check both the electrical plug and the data plug.

maybe…

cliff

:cool:

Hi cliff:
I’m working on this with the 19" CRT monitor I have…

The screen goes “Black” till I give it a crack on the Sweet-Spot…

I had it all apart and did up some “Dry” solder joints on the component board… It worked O.K. for a week-or-so… Now it’s back to doing the same thing…

I think it’s telling me I need a new Flat Panel screen…
:O :p

Bill…

thats what i’m thinking…

i’ve had plugs work loose, data cables come loose…

its funny how things move even when nothing is moving them… constant motion…ha ha sure, read my signature line… ha ha :D

cliff

I do have a 19” flat screen, 3.4 pentium4, and 1Gig memory, two SATA hard drives (160gig and 300gig). I am just trying to get it going, so I don’t spent ALL of my time adjusting things with ntrack and my computer. Yes, It might be my echolayla20 (old interface) that cannot take the load, even for mixing, so I’m going to try and upgrade that piece and see if it improves anything at all.

Btw, I’ve have some other issues with ntrack…. error messages…. ntrack closing down, freeze ups and such. Like I said, it might be a problem with my Layla and ntrack…I’ll let yaaaa know.

-dg-

i see on your other posts that you mention buffer settings… and you keep returning to the layla as a suspect…maybe you can try bypassing it. ???

i don’t have a layla and i don’t remember ever messing with the buffers.

fortunately, my system seems to be pretty stable though i do have small latency problems when i use vsti’s.

i don’t know what else to tell you now that you are having monitor troubles too.

i’ve seen other forum members advise that you work on one issue at a time which i also think is a good idea.

good luck

cliff

<!–QuoteBegin>

Like I said, it might be a problem with my Layla and ntrack…I’ll let yaaaa know.

Please let us know how you get on… I’ve been toying with the idea of buying an older card like the Layla as a cheap way of getting multiple inputs for my son’s start-up DAW. If the Echo cards are problematic under n-Track then it may be best to avoid (although he uses Tr***ion. Shhh!).

Mark
Quote (Mark A @ Dec. 28 2005,08:41)
Like I said, it might be a problem with my Layla and ntrack…I’ll let yaaaa know.

Please let us know how you get on.... I've been toying with the idea of buying an older card like the Layla as a cheap way of getting multiple inputs for my son's start-up DAW. If the Echo cards are problematic under n-Track then it may be best to avoid (although he uses Tr***ion. Shhh!).

Mark
I sure will...

THX

-dg-

<!–QuoteBegin>

So it just dropped out to the desktop?? But audio is still going? Nothing running in the task bar? If you right click on the taskbar and get the Task Manager does it say n-track is still running?

.-=gp=-.
Quote (chutz @ Dec. 28 2005,11:51)

So it just dropped out to the desktop?? But audio is still going? Nothing running in the task bar? If you right click on the taskbar and get the Task Manager does it say n-track is still running?

.-=gp=-.
yep, it was still showing in the Task Manager....

rrrrrr

Any known issues with PCI Express Video card and ntrack?

Quote (dgaziel @ Dec. 27 2005,21:44)

ANY IDEA?

I had the exact same symptoms about 3 months ago. My fix was to nuke the DAW (wiping the MBR, Fdisk, Format, reloading everything fresh). Everything was fine from then on.

<!–QuoteBegin>

If the Echo cards are problematic under n-Track then it may be best to avoid

Echo drivers are some of the best ou there. Echo cards are some of the most stable of the bunch. I say go for it. I use a Layla20, Gina24, and a Layla24 at work.

I’m not suggesting you won’t have any problems, but I am saying that if you do, it’s doubtful it will be because of an Echo card or driver. Some hardware does have problems with Echo cards, but I think the ones that do have problems with much audio hardware.

(yes, I’m back from vacation…I didn’t get to the fasoft site even once since Dec 17th…ARGH…Cold Turkey is no fun :) )

Hi phoo
That’s not good… And… you’re right… I haven’t see you up here, in a while…

I thought you may have been putting extra time in, at work… or something…

On another note…

I got those P-111s working… I swapped out three Maxtor drives (Faulty) for WD drives and now the BIOS reporting is flawless…

I’m in the studio Tracking-and-Mixing… and Editing… but not with the P-4 and Lexicon Core-32 audio hardware… It’s the Hoontech. ST 2000 hardware… It would be nice if it were the Core-32 hardware, though…

Bill…

Quote (dgaziel @ Dec. 27 2005,21:44)

ANY IDEA?

Sorry, I thought you meant your screen went black…and you were still hearing audio…thus a bad monitor.
Since you still have a task bar obviously you still have a monitor.

sorry

cliff