n-Track Drums crashing the whole program

Has anyone else had this problem? This happened around the same time that I both upgraded to the current build of n-Track, and that I finally switched to ASIO drivers from WDM (which were giving me problems). I am running on an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ system with Windows XP SP2; soundcard is an M-Audio Delta 66 with an Omni I/O front end. I sent a note to Fasoft along with that trouble-report thing but no reply yet. Any advice appreciated. Thx///

cheers

Billy S.

exactly when does the crash occur, when you open NTD ? play a drum pad ? - and i presume that you can playback AUDIO tracks OK with the DELTA ASIO drivers ?

Dr J

Quote: (DR Jackrabbit @ Sep. 12 2007, 1:06 AM)

exactly when does the crash occur, when you open NTD ? play a drum pad ? - and i presume that you can playback AUDIO tracks OK with the DELTA ASIO drivers ?

Dr J

It crashes when I open NTD...the window for NTD kind of halfway opens/partially renders, freezes for a few seconds, then n-Track wrecks. Some kind of "fatal error" alert comes up, and it attempts to send an error report or something to Fasoft. Aside from that, the Delta ASIO drivers (at least this particular download) are functioning perfectly for playing audio. I was able to play the drum pads before, with WDM, but I had other troubles there. Anyhoo...

cheers

Billy S.

re-install N (check for latesr build first) - after N has been reinstalled, on opening N you will be asked to use previous prefs or not - DO NOT CHOOSE PREVIOUS PREFS start off from new - rebuild prefs to your spec - then open NTD - if it opens OK -

if it still crash,s REINSTALL AGAIN (same as above select NEW PREFS) before choosing NTD change your audio settings to the lowest spec you have IE Realtek (onboard sound) AC97 MME - it it works, you will have to check out your Delta soundcard, personally i have never had a problem with my Delta 4/10 -

N Tracks PREFS is Ns main database - if it HAPPENS IN N then info on it is stored in prefs - yon can also reset N to default from PREFS, but sometimes you will have to reinstall -

SMALL POINT, N will not accept any input or output device being connected while N is open (it will crash) whatever you use must in pluged in before opening N - neither will you be able to restart ASIO drivers after N crashs, you have to do a COLD boot re-srart will not do it -

Dr J

Oopdate:

In the same way that a wave of washed-out calm follows a migraine, I think I’ve gotten N-track and its drum machine to work fairly stably. Of course, I’m back on my WDM drivers and I performed a clean install to get rid of the evaluation “bongs”, but NTD no longer crashes the program, I can actually hear the drums, and I even figured out how to save drum patterns to boot. Finally, FINALLY, this plug-in has a chance to actually be useful!

(As a semi-test I recorded a goofy little cover version of Asteroid No. 4’s “The CIA Took My Dog Away” with just guitar and bass, set to an 80 bpm basic drum pattern. I constructed three full patterns to go with it, and using the NTD jazz kit it sounds amazing! I’m excited.)

cheers

Billy S.

a long time ago i came across a drum machine called TUNAFISH, its very easy to use and is practically unbreakable - i find it invaluable for sketching out ideas, and as you can reprogram it in realtime without disasters you can just go with the flow - when you are happy with what you have created then it is an easy task to transfer the idea to a more detailed program or save it as a wave or a MIDI file direct to another program - it is standalone and supports VST plugins - have a look - ITS FREE if you dont want to use the synth -

http://www.brambos.com/

Dr J