n-Track Drums

Standalone

I would like to copy the n-Track Drum program to a laptop so I can Live input the sounds as .wav to my desktop n-Track studio. These samples are the best I’ve seen and I don’t want to have to map out in MIDI. Can I copy just the Drums, and how?

Sorry Mark, it’s friday night after a long week, I’ve had a glass of wine (ok, two), and I just don’t follow what you are trying to do. Can you please explain further (or maybe someone who does understand will chip in first).

Aren’t they wav files, hiding somewhere?

look in Ns program folder/vstplugins/n track drums/library/- files you want are in acoustic and electronic folders -

Dr j

I have copied the NTrack folder to disc but it will not run the Drums without the full installation that won’t install. I have the .wav files avilable, but not the drum controls (pad, freq, tuner etc.). How do I get permission and access to install at least the drums on my laptop?

I have copied the NTrack folder to disc but it will not run the Drums without the full installation that won’t install. I have the .wav files avilable, but not the drum controls (pad, freq, tuner etc.). How do I get permission and access to install at least the drums on my laptop?

Are you saying that n-Tracks will install on the laptop but the drums won’t or that that n-Tracks won’t install?

Will not install (version 4.2.1 registered), and only download version I see on website is for version 5.

NTD cannot be run as a standalone -

ahat happens when you try to install N on laptop ? - what OS is on the laptop ? -

Dr J

Running on fairly new laptop, Windows XP giving error that it needs a " .NET" drive supplied by software(nTrack?)

To clarfy, I couldn’t find an “install” or “setup” file in the folder, so I tried to run from the CD copy

download the 30meg version of V5 it has all the missing parts - install V5 then delete it and then install your V4 -

Google for N Track Studio V4 - there are many places you can download V4 again if CD copy does not work -

Dr J

What’s exact wording of the error? WinXp is popping up the error or is the n-Tracks installation popping up the error?

Is this Windows XP SP2, or some other version?

There’re a number of issues that you may be hitting when attempting to install n-Tracks that are dependent on the actual version of Windows, Windows Installer, and/or the version of .NET on that machine.

I believe n-Tracks need Windows Installer 3.0 and .NET 2.0 (maybe 2.1 or 2.2 …???). Neither of those comes with WinXp, the original version. Windows Installer 3.0 is included with WinXp SP2.

The full install of n-Tracks 4.0 included the version of .NET that was required, but the upgrade didn’t. The difference in file size is quite dramatic, but one you have the required version of .NET there is no need to download the full install, just upgrades.

Mark, what dr j says, but do not just delete it - uninstall it from your windows control panel. It will save you untold grief! Or you could just pay the 30 dollars for the upgrade to version 5, and keep it. I have had only minor problems with it (why won’t that darned ‘keep devices open’ switch stay un-ticked?), and the latest version I installed (2248) seems to be extra solid.

'til next time;
wynot

sorry for DELETE READ UNINSTALL -

Dr J

Thanks for the help. The .NT 2.0 helped in loading the copy of 4.2.1 from laptop, but still get 2 “bitmap erors” after the NT startup screen and “error scanning VST folder”. I spend limited time with NT becaus I travel a lot so hoping to finish current project before upgrading (or will the current project be transferable to 5.0?). Also, I’ve used the project as a learning curve and hope am hesitant to re-learn a new version unless most of the program works the same? Thanks everyone!

mark, you should have no trouble at all opening ver 4 songs with ver 5 - at least, I haven’t had any trouble with that. You might want to make a backup copy of the song beforehand, because I am not certain that the same can be said for taking a song the other way, from 5 to 4…

'til next;
tony w