N-TRACK is my favorite music program...

please listen to “ONE MORE DAY”…
N-TRACK has opened up the music world to me and i will never regret choosing this program over the many others out there, i love it’s simplicity and it’s complexity at the same time…
i’m glad to be a part of the N-TRACK family…

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=337615
you can go here to listen to my attempts at this recording stuff (something i never would have tried without this programs easy learning curve)…

Unbelievable! Your music is incredible. I was listening to Jaycie, reading the lyrics, and got goosebumps. No kidding.

I have two young daughters myself so…

Well done.

right on ! thank you much…

This is very nice music my friend. Particularly liked Jaycie and One More Day, but all good. I envy you :) I’m not too keen on some of the vox effects but the songs are so strong,who cares!! I can sing a bit but cannot write like this. I’ve only written one song and a fellow n-Tracker recorded it.
Congratulations!
Bruffie

My Webpage

thank you for listening to them, yeah i’m trying to cut down on the effects, i’ve noticed that after mixing down to an mp3 that the vocals suffer the most from being compressed, and they don’t quite sound as good as the original wav. file… i need comments like that to make me turn down the effects knob… LOL ! i’m getting more and more used to recording dry vocal tracks of myself…

My Webpage

those songs sound really good!
comments: i suggest getting a condensor for voice micing, and lay off the effects on the voice…in some songs it sounds good, just a bit heavy
is that a beringer mixer i see? i have its cousin
how long have u been recording?

Quote (xlr8ed @ July 27 2005,11:44)
thank you for listening to them, yeah i'm trying to cut down on the effects, i've noticed that after mixing down to an mp3 that the vocals suffer the most from being compressed, and they don't quite sound as good as the original wav. file... i need comments like that to make me turn down the effects knob... LOL ! i'm getting more and more used to recording dry vocal tracks of myself...

My Webpage

When you first start recording it's always a temptation to overdo the effects. With me it was reverb, I always sounded like I was singing in a Cathedral :) A reasonable rough guide is add the effect until you think it's right and then take off 25%.
It's always a learning curve and the more you use n-Track the more you will want to hear your natural voice, which by the way, doesn't sound like you need to load it with effects.
By the way, I still overdo the reverb :) Example!

studiofat: thank you ! i’ve been seriously recording (not using a computer stick mic) for about 2 years, and i am thinking of getting a condensor mic but am not sure which one to get…

bruffie2: i’m just now getting to that reduced effects point and it’s tough cuz i just sounds so #### dry, but i’m starting to get used to it…

Quote (xlr8ed @ July 28 2005,15:31)
studiofat: thank you ! i've been seriously recording (not using a computer stick mic) for about 2 years, and i am thinking of getting a condensor mic but am not sure which one to get...

bruffie2: i'm just now getting to that reduced effects point and it's tough cuz i just sounds so #### dry, but i'm starting to get used to it...

well the sound is really dry most likely because your using a dynamic mic, i recomend the MXL 990 its cheap,good,effective for multipurpose. When u use the condensor it has a wider frequency range to pick up your full voice, so you can add less reverb :)

mxl 990

is soundclick working for anyone?

Quote (dimmer77 @ July 29 2005,10:10)
is soundclick working for anyone?

NOPE!

TG

if i found a better place to show the music to the people i would go there i suppose, but soundclick got me an interview on a web radio show based somewhere north of London, so atleast someone is listening, and that’s more than i ever dreamed so it’s working for me…