N-Track is saying it's an Evaluation copy again

But it’s not!

Hi-

I purchased N-track about a month or so ago, at full price, and today I tried to use it again after not using it for a few weeks and I start hearing the annoying dinging sounds while I’m mixing, and it tells me I am using an evaluation copy - but I’m not! I’ve paid for it! Anyone have any ideas why this would happen?

Since the last time I used the software, I installed a new sound card in my machine. I was trying to run ASIO drivers this time (which also caused all sorts of crashing and errors), whereas previously I used MME. The new card is Delta 1010LT. The old card was Soundblaster from 5 years ago.

Thanks for your suggestions

Perhaps the config file/registry got hosed. What happens if you re-enter the reg codes? Does that sort things out?

Maybe this will help answer your question:

http://ntrack.com/faq.shtm#7.d

Nice one mjt.

Rsilverst - are you using the card in 24 bit and is your copy of n-track 16 bit?

Quote (Mark A @ Feb. 03 2006,14:57)
Nice one mjt.

Rsilverst - are you using the card in 24 bit and is your copy of n-track 16 bit?

Thanks for the comments - somehow things got switched to 24 bit, maybe because I installed a 24-bit sound card. Switched back to 16-bit setting and all is good.