n-track links input 1 and 2 for stereo....

I’m having a #### of i time with this one. (probably something stupid)…In the recording view meter n-track seems to link input 1 (vocal) and input 2 (guitar) as ONE STEREO Track…the monitor button and record button are shown for every two inputs some when recording my vocal is on the left ch. and guitar is on the right. I’ve tried every possible setting in both n-track and my MOTU 828’s applet to no avail…

Please HELP…I’m desperate

View > recording Vu meter > hammer icon > check channels: stereo > two mono tracks

Quote (varakeef @ April 17 2006,16:22)
View > recording Vu meter > hammer icon > check channels: stereo > two mono tracks

Thanks that was right on the money...............
I know I tried that but I must have messed with another setting at the same time that conteracted it..........

This confusing arrangement is something that could be avoided by putting all the track-specific (e.g. track 1) settings and recording/monitoring settings to a single dialog window, accessible from the track left bar. At the moment you can customize the track left bar by > right clicking the number of the track > select track left bar elements, but you cannot reach these recording/monitoring controls from there.