n-Track Metronome for iOS

Free app

The n-Track Metronome free app is now available on the App Store.
It’s a nice free app with lots of features:

• Extreme precision: higher than 1/40000 of a second
• Turn the visual mode on to make the wheel flash with the tempo, very useful when you play in noisy places
• Activate background audio to leave the metronome on while you play with some other instrument app
• You can even easily import and export your tempo tracks to n-Track Studio for iOS, Mac and Windows via iTunes file sharing
• Easily save and recall your settings with the touch of a button
• The app includes a quick tutorial explaining the main user interface elements.

Check it out on the App Store

Flavio.

when you say "you can import your own tempo tracks"

what format would those tracks be? midi?

Am I understanding properly when saying it will follow an imported file that changes tempo in different places?

dontcare,

the app can import .sng files saved with n-Track and use the tempo map (i.e. bpm & time signature changes) saved in the song file.
Importing the tempo map from a MIDI file is a nice idea, we’ll try to add it to one of the next versions of the app.

Flavio.

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Aug. 14 2013, 9:24 AM)

dontcare,

the app can import .sng files saved with n-Track and use the tempo map (i.e. bpm & time signature changes) saved in the song file.
Importing the tempo map from a MIDI file is a nice idea, we'll try to add it to one of the next versions of the app.

Flavio.

thank you Flavio

I was unaware the sng. file contained time information,

in the past if I wanted the tempo of a song in Ntrack to change I coded that information into the midi file.

I will have to learn how to save the time signature changes into the song file without using midi. :D
Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Aug. 14 2013, 9:24 AM)

Importing the tempo map from a MIDI file is a nice idea, we'll try to add it to one of the next versions of the app.

Indeed,

especially since iOS devices have the ability to output midi data with third party devices like the Line 6 Midi Mobilizer and midi takes up a lot less CPU than audio does as far as multiple tracks go.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to use an iphone to run my hardware Midi effects and module racks on stage rather than a portable PC, either with this app or Ntrack for iphone/pad.

I used to have an app like that in the 90's on Palm devices, but the ones out now do not allow editing of program changes so most of them still fall short of what I could do with a now archaic palm.

if you gave the midi tempo track the ability to go out on a specific midi channel (so people can send it to a midi module and channel of their choice) it would be an advantage.

Using iPad, just got the app last week. I have n-track Studio Pro, and te free Metronome installed. When in Studio, I open Metro from toolbar, the playback jumps around when I use the Metro controls.
The wheel sends play head forward or back, for example…

Ton7

we recently identified the issue and fixed it.
Next version will resolve the problem.

Thanks for your report.