n-Track Studio v2507 Released (Beta)

Import tracks from .sng file

n-Track Studio version 6.0.6 Beta Build 2507 Released

Notes:
Import tracks from .sng file box to select which tracks to import / option to import only track settings, not parts [New Feature]

PACO

I guess I don’t know what a song file box is.
:laugh: I like those pizza boxes when hot pizzas come in those convenient take out boxes. :agree:

Oh you mean dialog box!
I don’t really get this feature but I’m sure it’s a good one.
Does this mean if you have a track of parts it will import it as a whole file?
That would be like a miracle! We’ve always been able to import wav files.

The new “Import Tracks from Sng file” is under the Add Channel menu. Using this will be easier than figuring ut my explaination, but here’s a try:
You can import the just the settings you used on one recording and use them to make another recording sound the same . . .

Goto the menu Add Channel > Import tracks from sng file
Select a Sng file and it will bring up a list of all the tracks that are referrenced by the Sng file ( The sng file is the “Template” that nTrack makes to tell it all of the settings you are using on each of the tracks in saved session.)
This means, you can create a “Template” to use to open several different songs with the same settings available. Import only the settings and not the sound file. Then import new sound track into a track with the same setting you used before. This is a very good deal. If you have recorded several songs under the same conditions, you can reapply the settings over all of the tracks. Let’s say you have some drums recorded and have gotten the sounds exactly the way you want - but is took some doing, eq, pans etc. OPen the next song into the same setting using the Add Channel > Import file and sellect the same track you had the particular drum on and now you have exactly the same settings on a new songs drum track(s)

You can elect to import only the settings and not the track (sound file). In my first try I find that to take advantage of this on only some of the tracks (example: you are adding more drums), use Add Channel > Import tracks from sng file to open the original sng file and leave the “Don’t import parts only track settings” unchecked, then if you want to duplicate one of the tracks settings, repeat the command and select only the tracks that you want to duplicate the settings on and this time put in the check. If you open the song file using File > Open or File > Import to load the original, apparently you cannot add just the information for a selected track.
See if any of this make sense. It looks like a great new feature. :;):
Bax

Sounds like Reapers Templates… sort of. Kind of half baked though. The templates need to be separate entities saved in their own folders. One for track templates, one for project templates. That way instead of browsing through a gagillion folders looking for *.sng file you want, the templates are available right there in a context menu.

Example; In Reaper if I want to add EZDrummer to a project, I go Insert > Track > From Template > EZD_Multi. BANG! The template function inserts the VST track and all the audio routing tracks plus FX plus etc, etc, as saved in the template. Better yet, use a KB shortcut Press a key combo, pick EZD_Multi… WHOOP! There it is.

This sounds like a good step in the right direction for n though. :agree:

D

the new feature so far working good, except if you have track the has lanes on it.
if you do the just import settings it will only remove the selected lane and import the unused ones.

As to separating the “regular Files” from templates: you can do that any time by File Save As and selecting a different directory (/Template . .
I think I like this approach as I keep all of the files for a song in a separate directory and I can Name the newly created song file to tell me what I have.
Bax

Quote: (bax3 @ Sep. 12 2009, 5:12 PM)

As to separating the "regular Files" from templates:
you can do that any time by File Save As and selecting a different directory
(/Template . .
I think I like this approach as I keep all of the files for a song in a separate directory and I can Name the newly created song file to tell me what I have.
Bax

Yeah, I can see that but it's still a hlaf-baked work-around.

D

Thx guys, I’ve made my own before, this is a good thing!
:agree:

Levi…
Get back to the pizza…
I want everything on mine along with two Moosehead cold ones…
:laugh:
:p
:)

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Sep. 12 2009, 6:28 PM)

Levi..
Get back to the pizza..
I want everything on mine along with two Moosehead cold ones..
:laugh:
:p
:)

Bill..

Bill, I got drunk on all that pizza and forgot to log back in :) :( :)