n-Track Tuner for iPhone...!

Cool.

Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 25 2010, 9:15 AM)

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 24 2010, 8:04 PM)

n-Track in an iPhone?
Is that possible?
Ah, you are joking.
And I fell for it.
Too many egg nogs tonight.
:laugh:

completely possible.

There are mics on some phones, PDA's have mics and headphone plugs, already several midi apps that run 16channels in these O.S(s), as well as wav. and mp3 players, drum machines, sample loopers.

I use a Tungsten T3 to run midi beat step sequencers and play midi files out the serial port and to modules/drum machines, but can use standard midi banks and put them through all kinds of plugs as well.

dontcare

Meh... n-Track doesn't run worth a crap on a fairly powerful netbook. An iPhone? Pffftt!

UJ

Runs fine on my notebook. Including an old one that I keep because it can run an Echo audio Layla 96 that runs off of the card-bus - a feature they leave out of the newer laptops. My new laptop has a hard time with a lot of the audio software I use. The drivers and bios are not very good at audio on laptops.

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Dec. 25 2010, 1:37 PM)

Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 25 2010, 9:15 AM)

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 24 2010, 8:04 PM)

n-Track in an iPhone?
Is that possible?
Ah, you are joking.
And I fell for it.
Too many egg nogs tonight.
:laugh:

completely possible.

There are mics on some phones, PDA's have mics and headphone plugs, already several midi apps that run 16channels in these O.S(s), as well as wav. and mp3 players, drum machines, sample loopers.

I use a Tungsten T3 to run midi beat step sequencers and play midi files out the serial port and to modules/drum machines, but can use standard midi banks and put them through all kinds of plugs as well.

dontcare

Meh... n-Track doesn't run worth a crap on a fairly powerful netbook. An iPhone? Pffftt!

UJ

Allz I can say is,

If Flavio codes it like these companies have:

SunVox

Bahji Loops

NotePad/Beatpad/Mixpad

and puts it cross platform, Linux, Mac, iOs, Palm 5, I'll be the first guy in line to buy it. :whistle:

I'm runnin on 400Mhz with a T3 and 2G SD flash...
running programs off the flash saving all the cache for process,
pumpin out the jams on 16 channels, flashin lights while I power my guitar will solar panels,

Flavo, Flavo he's are man if he can't do it, hopefully someone can! :agree:

Meeerrry Christmas to all and to all a good night. :peace:

dontcare
Quote: (bax3 @ Dec. 25 2010, 5:42 PM)

Runs fine on my notebook. Including an old one that I keep because it can run an Echo audio Layla 96 that runs off of the card-bus - a feature they leave out of the newer laptops.
My new laptop has a hard time with a lot of the audio software I use.
The drivers and bios are not very good at audio on laptops.

Put your reading glasses on Baxter...

NETbook... not notebook. The Intel Atom processors and their ilk.

UJ

My guess is netbooks are not geared toward audio performance…surfin the net maybe? :laugh:

dontcare

Code it…and they will come. :)

dontcare

Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 26 2010, 10:02 AM)

My guess is netbooks are not geared toward audio performance....surfin the net maybe? :laugh:

dontcare

Tell that to my "jacket pocket studio"... Acer Aspire ONE running Reaper with a Tascam US-122L. Edit/Mix up 24-30 tracks. No problem. n-Track? PFFFFTTT!! Total non-starter. Oh well.

UJ

I have read that the Acer Aspire runs audio software where other net-books will not. How much memory are you using?
Bax

Quote: (bax3 @ Dec. 27 2010, 1:15 PM)

I have read that the Acer Aspire runs audio software where other net-books will not.
How much memory are you using?
Bax

Just 1GB at the moment. I plan on upping it to 2GB soon. RAM hasn't been a big problem since I'm doing mostly audio tracks. No real RAM intensive VSTi's and such...

I bought it for travel with the day job. I promise nobody was as astounded as ME when I found it would run up to 30 tracks of 24/44.1 audio with a pretty hefty pile of FX.

When I hit the road now, I load some projects I'm piddling with on a USB2 "pocket drive" and throw it along with the Tascam in my laptop sack and go. No more boring, endless nights in the hotel room...
:agree:
(and NO BIG-azz laptop to drag around while working BTW...)

UJ

My guess is the codes for pocket PC’s, PDA’s, and iphone OS and the like are completely stripped down to the bare minimum, most of the stuff in N wouldn’t display right on a 420X300 screen.

So apples and oranges really, PC’s running on Windows, and pocket devices running on much lighter OS and apps, with much less CPU to work with.

The Tungsten T3 along with most of these iphone fit in my front shirt pocket, or in the pouch on the belt.

dontcare

Yeah… Apples versus Oranges. I agree. I wonder what might be missing from such a simple, cut down OS that a programmer might need to do audio work though. I’d guess it would be a serious undertaking.

UJ

Well for one the capacity to store large files is a bugger.(2G limit on cards for the PALM devices…which can run up rather fast recording wav. files)

Many of the audio related problems for PDA’s and phones on their own O.S. have been solved over the years by third party programs, serialfix for example solved the problem for the devices to be able to send 16 channels of midi data through the serial ports, they also invented a wi-fi Midi solution that allows you to stream live midi Data from the Palm device or phone via Bluetooth or Wi-fi to a laptop or other midi device that can receive it.

Some audio software designers have developed their own proprietary format for the devices, that is smaller and uses less CPU to manipulate in real time with FX
than wav. files, you simply load the wav. sample into their software on the PC and when you do a hotsync with your handheld it converts all the files into their proprietary format and writes them to the SD card at half the size of the original wav. (with surprisingly little if any fidelity loss)
when you are done tweeking it with any FX, loops or whatever you save it then when you get home transfer it back to the computer and it converts it back to wav.

I’m assuming if Flavio is going attempt to code the entire functionality of Ntrack to these O.S. he will have to find a similar solution, midi is not as complicated since the sounds are already held on the device (GM or Kirkin) so it is essentially the same as the device playing a ringtone or alarm.

dontcare

Got some catchin’ up to do

nano studio

dontcare

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 05 2011, 8:57 AM)

Got some catchin' up to do

nano studio

dontcare

It's the n-Track way... always catchin' up to do.

UJ

add this to the ipad, or itouch

akai synthstation 25 midi controller

and you have one powerful portable midi/audio machine.

dontcare

oooooo synthsational

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 05 2011, 9:24 AM)

add this to the ipad, or itouch

akai synthstation 25 midi controller

and you have one powerful portable midi/audio machine.

dontcare

Add similar to a netbook and you'll have one powerful portable midi/audio machine that's actually USEFUL and runs REAL software.

UJ

oh forgot to mention the akai works on the iphone…as does that software, don’t know if that is working in any REAL way…but fit’s nicely in shirt pocket. :agree:

midi and audio are exportable…if you ever needed to work on them later on a REAL system.

I guess Line6 thought it was real enough to use…they designed a Midi Interface for it,

Line6midi interface for iphone

dontcare

You must have really BIG shirt pockets! :laugh:

UJ