n-Track update v2504

another update

Update v2504

Improved compatibility with FabFilter VST3 plugins [Compatibility]
Fixed when VST3 plugin is missing plugin name is not shown in effects list box [Bug Fix]
When 64 bit processing is enabled and a VST3 plugin only supports 32 bit processing n-Track automatically converts to 32 bits and then back to 64 [Bug Fix]
When a plugin fails to be initialized for audio processing its name appears in red in the effect list box [New Feature]

PACO

Is there anyone using any of the VST3 plug-ins?

Can you describe the VST3 Designation/Classification ?

Bill…

VST3 @ KVR

Hi Poppa Willis:

Has this VST3 format been around sense 2006 ????
or did I miss something ?

From KVR page…
quote…

The VST3 SDK is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2006.

NOTE: Cubase 4 is the first host application to support VST3.

Anyway, I see what VST format was designed to do…

Bill…

Yea I guess all us non Cubase guys are just now getting code for it in n-Track.This is the same issue on some other forums I visit.
Developers adding new stuff before all the bugs are out of the existing program.

Same ol problems. The man Vu meter shows different reads than the master channel vu meter.
The vst nTrack EQ from the effects menu crashes the system if you make adjustments while plyin.

Flavio, no new features. It’s time to perfect nTrack good man.

I got some plugs from a guy over in Denmark…
This was some time ago…
Back in the P-111/P-4 days…
I had issue getting them install so n-Track would see them as being registered…
Then Flavio and Torben the guy at Kjarehus got together and fixed the issue(s)…
They seem to register O.K.
now… Boy, He’s got some nice plugs…
Then…

I’ve got a Sonalksis Multi-band Limiter that I’d love to get the chance to put it through it’s paces…

However, it’s been so long sense I’ve used any plugs, that I really don’t know what I’ve got loaded or need to load to get back up and working and check them out…
Could be, I may have some VST3’s around here…

Maybe, some day…
:p
:)
???

Bill…

I was able to eq using the ntrack fasoft equalizer but that one doesn’t have stereo adjusting capabilities for stereo tracks.

Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 30 2009, 11:55 AM)

Same ol problems.
The man Vu meter shows different reads than the master channel vu meter.
The vst nTrack EQ from the effects menu crashes the system if you make adjustments while plyin.

Flavio, no new features.
It's time to perfect nTrack good man.

What do you mean by "man Vumeter"?
The problem with the system crashing while adjusting the Graphics EQ plugin has been reported by a few users, but is most likely a problem with a graphic card driver or some other driver. Bugs in regular (i.e. non-driver) programs can't crash the whole system on modern operating systems such as XP (they could on old Windows 9x systems).
I've tried to reproduce the issue on a number of systems and I haven't been able to.
What graphic card are you using? Is it Windows XP or Vista, 32 or 64 bits?

Flavio.

Typo… I think Levi meant “main” VU meter.

I thought he meant the wolf-man meters -

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Aug. 31 2009, 3:04 AM)

most likely a problem with a graphic card driver or some other driver.

Hi Flavio, yes I'm running xp and using the same graphics drivers that I've had for the past 3 versions of ntrack.
Including build 2461 that didn't crash my system.
This DAW doesn't go on line.
And I only open ntrack in it, so no settings changes have been made to the system.
I fire up the comp, open ntrack,
do my music work, close ntrack, shut down the comp.
Everyday no different.

The freezing equalizer is from the effects drop down menu.

The other equalizer "channel equalizer", never shows a name (saved name or preset) when reopening song files.
The settings are in place but no name is shown.

Also the main vu meter (playback vu) might show high gain on the right channell while the master channel vu shows it high on the left side.

I sent in bug reports just now for the two minor issues and also the freezing prob.
Otherwise 2504 seems great.
Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Aug. 31 2009, 3:31 PM)

I thought he meant the wolf-man meters -

:laugh: can I get a howlllllll!
Not the ladies vu the guys vu

Flavio I just think you should fix this build completely before moving on.
Make it so good that you dare people to find anything wrong with it.
Make a classic.
Like a les paul or a stratocaster, strong and dependable.
I noticed 10 bug reports for this version.
I'm sure some aren't valid but 10 seems like a lot to me.
Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 31 2009, 6:03 PM)

Flavio I just think you should fix this build completely before moving on.
Make it so good that you dare people to find anything wrong with it.
Make a classic.
Like a les paul or a stratocaster, strong and dependable.
I noticed 10 bug reports for this version.
I'm sure some aren't valid but 10 seems like a lot to me.

Levi, thanks for submitting the bug reports. I've added replies to the bugs in the bug tracking page.
The 12 bugs you see on the bug tracking page are not specific to the current versions, many have been there for weeks mostly because I have been unable to reproduce them. I'll do some cleanup soon so that not-reproduced bugs will not show up as open bugs.
As for fixing bugs before adding new features, I generally try to add some new feature, release beta versions, and then stabilize it by fixing bugs.
People always demand new features so it's a balancing act between new features and fixing bugs. One reason why fixing bugs is difficult is that it is often very hard to reproduce certain bugs, which may happen only in certain specific situations and system configurations.
For example of the three bugs you've submitted I was only able to reproduce one of them (the EQ presets issue), and that kind of thing is usually very frustrating both for me and for people who experiences the bugs. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the other two with some more info on what makes them occur. Anyway thanks again for reporting the bugs.

Flavio.

Thx Flavio I don’t mean to jerk your chain. nTrack is very unique, a great program. A reflection of you no doubt! I’ll look at my daw’s settings, I hate to think that it’s my sadistic neighbor with poor taste! :laugh: But anything is possible these days! Thx for the info :agree: Keep up the great work!

I just ran some more tests.
I was thinking that maybe an instance where if two parametric equalizers where added to a track, it caused the freeze, but not true.
I increased the playback buffering and I’m not getting a freeze up now, while making eq adjustments during playback.
So that is great news!
That must have been the problem.
Doin a clean install but not increasing the buffer settings.

The app shouldn’t freeze or crash if the buffers are too small. Glitches might be introduced in playback and or recording and n might be able to throw up a warning if it’s something detectable.

This is a great clue to help Flavio repro the problem.

Yea phoo it wanted to connect to report but that comp doesn’t go on line, so I clicked off on that.
I’ll check for clues in the report next time.
:agree: