n-Track will not even start.

Going crazy here.

I don’t know WHAT happened. N-Track was working just fine, then all of sudden it crashed. By that time I was just customizing the layout in the program (moving/docking the mixers/EQ:s and so on). Now after that I can’t even start it. When I try, this appears. No matter what I click on that then this appears, and then nothing. I have uninstalled the program, restarted the computer, downloaded n-Track again and reinstalled but STILL it’s the same. It makes no sense. That was my last solution, reinstall it, and I can’t understand how that couldn’t solve it.

n-Track64 works though, but I want to use the regular version because I’m not familiar with what 64 means and if I can use that. Anyhow I would like the regular version to workit to work.

Much grateful for help! Thanks!

n-Track version: Latest Mac version.
Computer: iMac 27"
Audio hardware: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Quote: (Gatubarn @ Dec. 04 2011, 3:30 PM)

I don't know WHAT happened. N-Track was working just fine, then all of sudden it crashed. By that time I was just customizing the layout in the program (moving/docking the mixers/EQ:s and so on). Now after that I can't even start it. When I try, this appears. No matter what I click on that then this appears, and then nothing. I have uninstalled the program, restarted the computer, downloaded n-Track again and reinstalled but STILL it's the same. It makes no sense. That was my last solution, reinstall it, and I can't understand how that couldn't solve it.

n-Track64 works though, but I want to use the regular version because I'm not familiar with what 64 means and if I can use that. Anyhow I would like the regular version to workit to work.

Much grateful for help! Thanks!

n-Track version: Latest Mac version.
Computer: iMac 27"
Audio hardware: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Please do the following:
- go to the folder "/Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/".
In Lion the 'Library' folder is hidden by default, to access it you
can open Finder then holding the Option key click on the Go menu then
select Library from the menu.
Compress (ctrl+click then select 'Compress' from the popup menu) the "n-Track Studio" folder.
Please email the folder to support@ntrack.com so that we can try to reproduce the problem using your configuration settings files.

Then try to delete the "n-Track Studio" folder, so that the default settings will be restored. This should bring the program back to how it was when you initially installed it.

Please let me know if you have further problems.

Thanks.

Regards,
Flavio.

I did as you said, and now I can start and use n-Track again.
:agree:

BUT, it’s VERY bugy. I’ve used n-Track (and only n-Track) for PC (I just recently switched over to Mac) since 2001 and it has never acted like this. It crashes for “nothing” and doesn’t remember some settings and customizing I do. I have not even any plug-ins installed yet and it can crash when I close the docked EQ, remove the visibility for aux channels in a mixer or just dock something somewhere. It doesn’t remember the docking of EQ:s or that I choose “up/down mode” with “speed 1” for EQ knobs. n-Track forgets that when I quit it. I also no longer can’t have wave files containing åäö in their names in a project. That has never been a problem before. But the biggest problem for now is that it crashes.

I don’t know if n-Track is new on Mac, or if it’s something with my computer, but it’s difficult to work like this. My iMac is just two months old and I take pretty good care of it. As I said, I have no plug-ins installed and the only external hardware I’ve got is M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, a couple of hard drives and an external screen witch is not even on when using n-Track.

Is there something I can do, Flavio? I really would like it to work as well as I thought it did on PC, because I really want to continue using n-Track.

Quote: (Gatubarn @ Dec. 05 2011, 3:30 PM)

BUT, it's VERY bugy. I've used n-Track (and only n-Track) for PC (I just recently switched over to Mac) since 2001 and it has never acted like this. It crashes for "nothing" and doesn't remember some settings and customizing I do. I have not even any plug-ins installed yet and it can crash when I close the docked EQ, remove the visibility for aux channels in a mixer or just dock something somewhere. It doesn't remember the docking of EQ:s or that I choose "up/down mode" with "speed 1" for EQ knobs. n-Track forgets that when I quit it. I also no longer can't have wave files containing åäö in their names in a project. That has never been a problem before. But the biggest problem for now is that it crashes.

I don't know if n-Track is new on Mac, or if it's something with my computer, but it's difficult to work like this. My iMac is just two months old and I take pretty good care of it. As I said, I have no plug-ins installed and the only external hardware I've got is M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, a couple of hard drives and an external screen witch is not even on when using n-Track.

Is there something I can do, Flavio? I really would like it to work as well as I thought it did on PC, because I really want to continue using n-Track.

- I was able to reproduce the knob settings not being remembered on the Mac version. This will be fixed in the next build.
- I have tried importing .wav files with åäö in the filename, as well as saving .sng files or mixing down with åäö in the song name and it seems to work correctly. Please let me know what does exactly fail when you use those characters.
- The latest build fixes the problem that caused the crash with the configuration folder you've emailed me. This may also fix the crashes undocking windows that you've reported.
If the crashes happen in the latest build, please email me a few of the crash dumps that you should be able to find in Applications -> Utilities -> Console -> Diagnostic and usage information -> User Diagnostic Reports. There should be an entry for each crash in the n-TrackYYYY-MM-DD... format (e.g. n-Track_2011-12-05_104925...crash). You can right click on an entry and select 'Reveal in Finder' to find the .crash file.
Please send the crash dumps occurred after you installed the latest build.

Thanks.

Flavio.

Thanks, Flavio! Great support!

I’ve installed the latest build now. I will try it and see how it works. I reply in a week or so.

The thing with “åäö”:

When I open older n-Track sessions, created on n-Track for PC (version 3–6), wave files containing “åäö” appear as they couldn’t be found (crossed over and no waveform) and all the “left track bar elements” on every track are invicible. Also when I press “play” nothing happens. When I delete all tracks containing “åäö”-wave files the “left track bar elements” appears, but when I then press play the program freezes.

I’ll try it out for a week and make notes. :agree: