N-Track with Reason 2.5 software synth?

How do I record Reason 2.5 with N-Track? I am trying to record a string part with one song which i am working with N-Track. However, I cant get reaosn to record on my Ntrack.

I tired inserting a Rewire track…but I can only record/sequence the track in Reason 2.5 but not my software program…

please help…

I know nothing about Reason I’m afraid, but I have used both Rebirth and Fruity Loops within n-track via rewire.

I have an Audigy2 ZS, and the only way I could record the rewire output was to select “what u hear” on the Creative mixer. Rewire doesn’t seem to appear on any of the other mixer faders.

The trouble with that is, unless you mute the output of n-track, then you get a feedback situation.

This behaviour is not restricted to n-track, it’s the same on Cubase SX.

However, if you look over on Audiominds, Jhohan wrote an excellent piece on how to use Fruity Loops as VSTi within n-track, and that works well.

I don’t know if Reason has a VSTi wrapper, but if it has, you might try that.

Ali

I have Reason 2.5 - I wasn’t succesfull recording in 3.3, but 4.0 behaves much better, but not smooth. There are still a couple of “undocumented features” to fix however …

What version of N are you using ?

Ludo

Quote (sonnet @ Sep. 12 2004,02:31)
How do I record Reason 2.5 with N-Track? I am trying to record a string part with one song which i am working with N-Track. However, I cant get reaosn to record on my Ntrack.

I tired inserting a Rewire track...but I can only record/sequence the track in Reason 2.5 but not my software program...

please help....

Well, I recorded a reason patch in n-track this way: 1) Record the drum part on n track. 2) Re record the same drum part to which you are going to play along with reason on a cassette deck. 2) Set recording control of the soundcard to what you hear or wav, set rec level. 3) Press rec on n track and press play on the cassette deck. 4) Play reason keyboard along to the cassette drums. 5) The most difficult part: Align the reason keyboard part wav file with the pre recorded drum track on n-track using the enable mouse wav file dragging tool on the tool bar: It worked fine for me. Hope it does for you