n-Trackers, in your experience, what is the

most reliable DVD burner?

I don’t care about speed, or bells and whistles. I just want something that is dependable and reliable in the long run. Thanks.

Pioneer, solid units. Sony ones, too. Personally i have a Lite-On that runs very nice.

Quote (marce @ Oct. 30 2005,15:44)
Pioneer, solid units. Sony ones, too. Personally i have a Lite-On that runs very nice.

Lite-on runs great for me also. I have 2 in my tower and one USB model for my laptop backups.

Hi All:
Isn’t that just something… I just bought a Pioneer DVD - RW DVR110D to upgrade the P-111 DAW I have in the studio… It looks great in the BIOS and posts up and all, with a UDMA rating of 4… is what I’m describing, right? Well… anyway. I put it throught it’s repro Paces and everything looked just fine to me. I put a blank (generic) DVD-R, N/N DVD in to try it’s write behaviour… with Nero…Latest version… All looked fine till the disk was rejected buy the setup with an error… So, the disk was faulty. I tried another one… same thing… (Thinking)… I put a Memorex DVD+RW re-write in and it worked just fine. I tried another N/N (Batch) brand DVD-R blank and it worked just fine.

Up untill now, I find myself in the LG Camp…

So, I have a bunch of N/N blanks that work fine in all the other LG drives, but don’t work in the Pioneer drive I just got. At least they don’t seem to write in the Pioneer Drive, for the set-up I have. It may have something to do with the “Coating” that’s on these N/N blanks I have. The Sticker that’s on the spool is Universal… who knows? Anyway, these work on the LG Drives I have… No worky on the Pioneer Drive… Apart from that, I have no other expirence with the Pioneer Drives, to offer you. But I may get a couple more… to upgrade some of these old version LG drives, I have.

Some stories that I hear, going around is, The Audio…“Big Guys” like the LiteOn Drives… for whatever reasons they have. I’d say, there may be only a couple of factories in the world producing these things, anyway… So, you have only a couple of drives to choose from, irregardless… of the Brand Name that is on them.

If I only knew… :O :laugh:

Bill…

Without a doubt the Yamaha is the best for burning music CDs. At least that is my opinion. I use Memorex CDs and I never have a disk that will not play in everthing I have ever tried. The Yamaha has a different way of writing disks that seems to work beeter for music. I burn at 24x with no problem. The Lite-on I own is great, but not quite as conssistant when is comes the disks palying in cars, and older drives. I have several TDK and the are good burners, but I have to burn mucis Very Slooooly to get a reliable disk.

I’ve bought 4 of these Lite-On DVD/CD burners (currently $42.95 at newegg.com with free shipping) for different computers and they’ve never let me down yet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106988

I’ve been transferring all of my old VHS home movies over to DVD using Sony Vegas Movie Studio+DVDArchitect ($90), Plextor ConvertX capture box ($70) and TaiyoYuden disks and have had ZERO problems…

TimOBrien, man the $42.99 deal is the one! Now I just have to delicately approach my wife about a little advance from her purse, if you know what I mean. Thanks everyone for your responses.