n Version 2.3 bug?

build 1102

I’ve been using this version for a long time now but recently ran into a weird problem…
When I have multiple tracks up on the screen and go to mix them down sometimes one of the tracks will get cut short on the mixdown.
It seems to only happen when I resize the track so that the blank spots at the end or beginning of a track are removed.
The tracks will playback correct (before mixdown) but the problem occurs directly after a mixdown and then listening to that mixdown.
I’m not sure if this problem happens if I do not resize the tracks but it is annoying having to use the volume envelopes when all I should have to do is just resize the track to where I need it to begin and end.
The problem only happens once in a while so it’s really hard to tell what is causing it.
Is this a common bug or what? Thanks for any help.

Has this tracks any kind of plugin?
Has you tryed to render in “realtime” to see if it happens?

<!–QuoteBegin>

When I have multiple tracks up on the screen and go to mix them down sometimes one of the tracks will get cut short on the mixdown.

This is absolutely an old bug, and it has survived many versions, including V3.3.

I actually don’t know if it’s fixed in V4.whatever because I started adding 10 to 15 seconds to the end of ALL songs as a rule just to avoid it it. That’s the workaround.

Take a short clip of a wave and stick it out past the end of the real song. Always have it playing when doing a mixdown, even if doing a mix of just one track with everything else soloed, just solo that extra little bit, too. That clip might get cut off, but so what?

Then when all mixed, edit the final wave in a wave editor to get rid of the dead air at the beginning and end. Most of us do that anyway as part of the final mastering.

I don’t think it happens in real time, so marce’s suggestion may be good to try.

It’s not plug-in related as far as I can tell, but it could be related to plug-in compensation in some way. That’s a guess. The amount missing stuff is way more than the compensation. There will sometimes be a bit of NULL wave at the very beginning of the mixdown wave that is exactly the same size as the compensation. That definitely still happens in V4.