n00b question

I have n-track x64 on Win7 x64 and when I attempt to record the output from either my firebox or from my Fender FUSE… I can only make n-track record through my laptops microphone and not the ASIO of either. Even if I select them in audio settings. what am I doing wrong?

tia!
-d

You could disable the laptop mic inside windows.

Also when you say, “Even if I select them in audio settings” where are you selecting them in NTRACK? or in Windows?

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Quote:

Also when you say, "Even if I select them in audio settings" where are you selecting them in NTRACK? or in Windows?

yes inside n-track.

Hi dsmythe:

It’s frustrating at times…
Most times I am able to control the audio devices on my computers from the preferences in n-Track…
However, there are times when I have to open the Windows Control Panel and select the audio devices within
(SOUND) of the Operating System… I may have to, at times, close n-Track and re-open n-Track and even, re-boot the computer…
There doesn’t appear to be any “Set” condition for the issue …
I can only think that it may have been something that another application that was using the audio hardware that may not have completely closed…

Computers…
They’re a BiG Pain…

:p
:laugh:

I can tell you where…
:laugh:

Bill…

Quote: (dsmythe @ Jun. 05 2010, 11:36 PM)

Quote:

Also when you say, "Even if I select them in audio settings" where are you selecting them in NTRACK? or in Windows?

yes inside n-track.

did you try disabling the built in mic on the laptop within windows?

Once that source is eliminated as a possibility between Windows and NTrack it may go to the default source you have set up.

In any event your problem will no longer be that Ntrack is recording from the mic.
:agree:

out of curiosity how does the Fender fuse preform on the laptop with the bundle software it came with? Ableton I think it is called.

keep shinin

thanks, I tried… didn’t seem to work. guess I will keep tinkering around with it.

Quote: (dsmythe @ Jun. 06 2010, 11:05 PM)

thanks, I tried.. didn't seem to work. guess I will keep tinkering around with it.

ok,

I have never heard of a built in mic still recording after being disabled.

I am sorry to hear that didn't work.

what kinda computer did you say that was?

keep shinin