N6 thinks my song is shorter than it is

I have a timeline scrollbar problem. A project has decided that it is no longer 8 minutes long, but 5.20. Sound crazy? Everytime I load it it shows 5.20 of the song. If I click on the windows scrollbar button and let it slowly chug to the right, it reveals the rest of the song, and likewise if I zoom out, but if I try to mix it down from this point, it simply mixes 5.20 seconds. And if I start stretching the toolbar it bounces back to only showing me 5.20 of the song. Cloning to a new song nor rebooting helps. I’ve seen this kind of **** before with other programmes, but never as persistent as this. I’m close to breaking something. Arghhh!! Help please someone!!!

Whoa! Bonkers!
I’m sat with n now trying to get my head round that?
What about a template of a shorter track being jammed
somewhere?

Thanks for scratching your head along with me TonyR. It’s weird isn’t it? I have seen this before with Cakewalk back in the day though…so I’m also wondering how much Windows has to do with this. I know zoom can sometimes get confused ( and cause absolutely everything to vanish ) but this is affecting mixdown. My system is very stable and never connects to the internet. I’m going to have a beer and think about it in the morning. Cheers all :D

Cheers, Spooner - I’ll crack bottle widjuh.

Could be something in the mix down options window.

PACO

That usually happens when you get distracted and let record run on for a while.
Even though there is no signal recorded it’s still creating timeline space. That should be no prob to trim Or you have a small part past the end of the song that isn’t obvious
:agree:

Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 02 2010, 6:38 PM)

That usually happens when you get distracted and let record run on for a while.
Even though there is no signal recorded it's still creating timeline space. That should be no prob to trim Or you have a small part past the end of the song that isn't obvious
:agree:

Sorry Spooner I thought you where talking about something else, my fault for not reading your post and jumping to conclusions. Fortunately, I'm not spreading any bad rumors :laugh:

That's different!

Right I’m wondering like paco, are you clicking to mixdown the entire song?
Or setting the time line areas to mix down to and from? Good luck with that, it’s not anything I’ve seen.

Quote:

Sorry Spooner I thought you where talking about something else, my fault for not reading your post and jumping to conclusions. Fortunately, I'm not spreading any bad rumors

That's different!

That's what happens with only 50% :laugh:
:cool: I've ended up with some looooooooooong songs :laugh: