Name that tune!

Have a cigar Yaz, “Go Now” :)

OK, now for a real nasty one, and this won’t be in your book Tom. :p

Who was the first drummer with The Beatles?

A response of “Pete Best” wins a “knowledgeable runner-up” prize, but, no coconut! :D

Ali

Who was the first drummer with The Beatles?

Stu Sutcliff?

nope, Stu played Bass, or at least, he stood in the corner pretending to play bass. :D

(Wonderful painter/artist, and the one who started “The Beatles Look” , (hairstyle, outfit, etc.) but terrible musician :laugh: )

Ali

well, the answer can’t be Andy White. If Best was second, then White would have to be third.

Ah I remember, it has to be Tony Meehan - played with the Shadows, right? :)

Edit: no, that’s not it, they did a demo for him…

Andy White was the first to record after the Parlophone contract, and the one who played on their first single, so, half a point Tom. :)

Ali

Tony Meehan? Sorry, I’ve had to remove your half point. :(

Ali

OK, how about Colin Hanton? :)

Quote (Ali @ Dec. 22 2004,13:11)
Tony Meehan? Sorry, I've had to remove your half point. :(

Ali

Justly so, too. :)

Little Colin!

Well, arguably. But, if one includes all the percussionists for the Quarrymen, etc., then there’s a whole host of them.

But, I said “The Beatles” :)

Ali

Yes, that was a stretch, I know. OK, I’m stumped. I bet the answer is something like “Paul.” :) But at least I get my 1/2 point back?

Well Tom, Paul tried (and eventually succeeded) in getting the bassist’s role from Stu, so I expect he tried to get the drummer’s job too. :D

So, half point, plus a quarter. :)

Ali

But, I suppose there’s two people who can claim the honour.

So, I’ll diversify a wee bit.

Who was the first drummer who recorded with The Beatles? (Andy White was second, and obviously, I’m ignoring Pete Best’s recording that was deleted).

And who was the first who performed as a member of The Beatles? (Pete Best was Second).

Ali

Geez, I’m totally confused, stumped, ignorant, and ugly!

Well, I’ve always been ugly, parents had to tie a pork chop round me neck to get the family dog to play with me.

Anyways, first “Beatles” recording drummers were studio drummers but have no idea who they were. Was this Brian Epsteins call or the band maybe? When did they hook with George Martin? Wasn’t this 40 some years ago? Dang it, I was only, oops, almost told me age. I did actually see the Ed Sullivan performances original air dates.

Would it have been whoever played on the Decca demo from early 62?

???

Pete Best played on the Decca demo.

And we’re talking pre Epstein, pre Martin

The first recording was in Hamburg, and the first perfomance as the Beatles was their Scotland tour, circa 59/60/61, can’t recall exactly, I was drunk at the time! lol

Homing in? :)

Anyway Yaz, don’t fret about it, my dad used to tie the dog around my neck to get the pork chop to play with me. :(

:D

Anyway, a wee clue, for their first recording, Pete Best couldn’t (or rather, wouldn’t) appear, so they used the drummer from the fellow Liverpudlian band who were also playing in Hamburg; Rory Storm and the Hurricanes…“an ugly little bugger, but we all liked him”…John Lennon.

Ali

Scotland tour, William Wallace?, no, I know, Ali!

Part 2, uh, Ringo?

But…that was Ringo, wasn’t it?

???

Ali is Ringo?

Can I have an autograph on my SpongeBob SquarePants Lunchbox?

I’m Ringo?

I thought I was you! :(

Yup, Richard Starkey, AKA Ringo was the first to appear with John, George and Paul on disc.

What comes around goes around, yeah? :D

But, William Wallace played Flugelhorn, not drums, so, still something to find out! lol

Ali