Nergle ...

What the heck is …

OK, I dont come here very often so maybe I’m confused, but what the heck is with this “…” from Nergle?

The disjointed responses make no sense to me, and I’m sure to many others.

Is there a reason behind this?

Chiller

(Anyone want to guess why I got my name?)

No sense, no reason Chiller. :D

But, the “…” is Morse code for “S”, which if you recall your history, is the flag Nelson sent up just before Trafalgar, and it was code for; “England expects every man to do her duty”, (Nelson’s typo, not mine :( ).

I can’t recall the code for “Kiss my hardy”, but perhaps that’s just as well.

Nah seriously, as I said in another thread, I spring-clean occasionally.

Sometimes I see old posts of mine, and realise what utter drivel I’ve written, so working on the principle that posts are like fish, i.e., they can be ok when new, but after a week it’s time to say goodbye, I have a macro that deletes the old crap.

And so, when a topic disappears from the first page, I reckon it’s suitable for burial.

Sorry if this affects the continuity of a thread you may have been looking at Chiller, but I assure you, you’re not missing much. :D

Ali

(PS, it seems it’s not possible to delete old posts, only edit them, so considering the price of an ink cartridge, “…” is as cheap as it comes! :laugh: )

Quote (nergle @ April 06 2005,01:36)
But, the "..." is Morse code for "S", which if you recall your history, is the flag Nelson sent up just before Trafalgar, and it was code for; "England expects every man to do her duty", (Nelson's typo, not mine :( ).

Wow, you really had me going there for a minute. I was about to search your old posts to find deeper meaning!

must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor

:D

Ali, it seems rather pointless to delete your previous posts.

Many people search back through old posts for info etc, and it really confuses the issue if your posts have all been reduced to “…”. The flow of the discussion is lost.

I just don’t geddit.

Mark

;;;

Quote (phoo @ April 06 2005,02:31)
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor
must resit humor

mu...t re...i...t humor???

You guys have it all WRONG! You see, Ali is actually a real-time Artificial Intelligence program. The Internet “backbone” IS Ali’s backbone.

The “…” appear when he’s asleep. Shhhh… don’t wake him! He’s a grouchy cuss if he don’t get his nap right. :D :D :D

TG

…and the fact I can’t spell doesn’t help…

Just what does “resit” mean anyway? I can think of a few interesting definitions, but I must resist humor, so I shall not post them here.

So for that all I have to say is …

:p

Jus a typo phoo. I makes 'em all the time… :)

TG

It snot atyp owi thme. I rel yon spellch eckers fro mhe ckand the ymi ssa lo tof stuff. Asa mat terof fact, th ispo stis spellch eckerc lean.

:D :D :D :D That you Limey ???

TG
:blues: I thought ... stood for the "N-Track Nergle Scale"

Sorry but I dont always get my time on the computer to check up on what the heck i wrote on various forums!

this is just to bring some closure, i thought it weird that I would go back into posts, and find the “…”, which really did cause some gaps in threads and make me wonder what was written, then more importantly, why it was edited ( i knew the answer to the question, just playing “devil’s advocate”) and I like Ali’s biting humour so it was more of a bait question…but the humour here is always great!

OK, I’m done, “nothing to see here, please move along now”.

OK, I said please move along, why are you staring at this?
Enuff allready.

Quote (chiller @ May 17 2005,18:51)
OK, I said please move along, why are you staring at this?

Because I can!

OK?

Well, nicely resurrected and reburied again Chiller. (You have any relatives in the Nazareth area?) :D

Anyway, ignore that Nergle geezer. He’s a jumped up, never come down, two-timing, four flushing, triple-dealing monomaniac. (And he leaves the toilet seat up too. :( )

But, I’m also in a spring cleaning mood . After all, anything I write in this forum is instantly contradicted by Jeff.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Oh no it isn’t!

Learjeff

:laugh:

Sorry Jeff. :(

And there’s never ever anything worth keeping in the “Anything Goes” forum anyway. :D

I’ll have to agree with you there, Ali!

(Just to be contradictory, that is.)

Quote (learjeff @ May 19 2005,13:57)
I'll have to agree with you there, Ali!

(Just to be contradictory, that is.)

Stop it. You're making my brain hurt.

Took me a minute to figure that one out.