New Approach

Mixer Display

Hi n-Trackers:
I’ve been taking a serious look at this n-Track Image Display Conundrum that tj813 and I, including a number of other “long-term” n-Track users have been grappling with…

[EDIT]
I think I’ve found a resolve to some of the issues I have buy lessening the graphics card resources that may be troubling the different DAW setups I use and standardized the mixer screens that will work in 95% of the n-Track Desks and Operating Systems I use in this set-up I have here…

I am going into the studio today and get these operating systems Up-to-Date and Current and confirm it’s operation on the Operating Systems I have in this set-up…

I want to create a new mixer that has only two strips in the “Splash Screen”… The strip to the left … being a Master strip … and… the strip to the right being a Track strip… or a strip that changes when I “Mouse-click” on a track, on the timeline…

It can be parked to the left of the timeline margin or un-docked and moved anywhere on the desk or even to another monitor screen… In fact, I’d like to be able to create TWO of the same mixers, to be able to use them use them at the same time… if in fact they end up on a two-monitor screen setup… Just for convenience sake…

This idea would certainly bode well for editing a track on the timeline when the track is expanded out to the maximum limits… when using two monitor screens…

However… What could I be doing that wouldn’t allow me to create this new Mixer Screen? I want to have the Master Strip to the left and the “Switchable” “Mouse-clickable” Track Mixer to the right, and all in the same NEW Mixer “Splash Screen”…????

This is what I have in mind…

I think that this is the mixer I will settle upon if I can create this mixer in the Configuration Panel…

I think it will lessen the resource load on the graphics card… and stabilize the data streaming on the timeline of the DAW…

Bill…

Not sure i’m following you, Bill. Do you really think that undocking and moving the master and timeline track mixers to a second monitor will decrease video load? Not sure i agree.

Anyway, once you undock those mixers, i don’t know of any way to make them dock to each other. At least, i think that’s what you’re talking about.

For me, the master mixer is redundant anyway… By activating the timeline track mixer, i can view any track OR the master (one at a time, of course). By clicking on a track in the timeline window, the mixer displays a track. By clicking off a track, but still in the timeline window, the mixer displays the master.

Hope that made sense.

teej

Quote (teej813 @ Sep. 24 2006,12:23)
Not sure i’m following you, Bill. Do you really think that undocking and moving the master and timeline track mixers to a second monitor will decrease video load? Not sure i agree.

Anyway, once you undock those mixers, i don’t know of any way to make them dock to each other. At least, i think that’s what you’re talking about.

For me, the master mixer is redundant anyway… By activating the timeline track mixer, i can view any track OR the master (one at a time, of course). By clicking on a track in the timeline window, the mixer displays a track. By clicking off a track, but still in the timeline window, the mixer displays the master.

Hope that made sense.

teej

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hi Again teej813:
I’m gonna try to justify my need to have and create a New Mixer screen… like what’s in that print screen I posted… But in the mixer config area we are unable to make a new mixer like that… I want to make a mixer that has a Master Strip and a Mouse Assignable Track Strip… I need access to the Master strip cause I have plugins in the master strip that needs small amounts of tweeking as I play with the mix of the timeline’s mixers… I can “Drag two strips around from place-to-place on the desk… But it would be easier to just drag the new mixer at-one-time…

The reason for me to have this type of mixer is… If the Left-hand timeline margin “Track List” could be turned off, I believe that would help in the Daw’s ability to Gain some Horse-Power… For those users who want-it and need it in their creativity they can fill their boots… But let’s have it as an item that can be turned off-or-on… from a mouse Right-Click config panel… I just checked… I don’t see how or where it can be turned off, if you don’t use it…

I wouldn’t want to have Flavio’s job… I don’t know if I could handle it… It’s easy to see… Flavio is very good to us… It’s like he’s installing our own personal steering wheel…

But I think that those are some of the details that makes a “Good Editor” a “Perfect Editor”…

I haven’t heard a “Drop-out” yet on the P-4 Studio Dual Boot DAW… '98SE or XP Desks”… with build 2135…

It has been a seamless up-grade from build 2099 - to - 2135… So-far-so-Good… Thank You Flavio…

Bill…