New Beta build

Drum sampler Vst instrument

…downloading now… looking forward to checking out the new drum sample instrument…

First impression… Excellent…

Seems to be a plug that Flavio has bought/acquired from http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/ and skinned with one of the available skins. Plug costs $38 from that site.

It’s a sampler as well as a drum machine (built in patterns and make your own). Can build your own kit from samples or download pre-made samples.

Only minor problem is that by default, the midi drum map in Piano Roll doesn’t accurately map to the default kit in the instrument. No big.

Very cool. Thanks Flavio.

Mark

Switchable reverb on the drums too plus plenty of editable parameters.

Can be made to learn what midi note applies to which “pad”. (RMF drives me crazy in this repect - trying to find what pad to use for what midi note).

So has anyone got the “geek test” in my footer?

Ummm…yes…I have to admit I got it. Remember what I do ALL DAY LONG? I also have to admit that I won the geek test at work a few years ago. I have been to Radio Shack on a date. I did run the sound system for the band at my high school prom (and played drums, but that question wasn’t on the test)…

Hi Mark and phoo:
You sound pretty hyped over this Drum Sample Setup… Am I missing something? What’s this gonna do? Is it something like JamStix? Or mabey you can describe how you use this application?

Bill…

Hey NEAT! That’s a cool little add-on there Flavio. A quick test indicates this will be useful indeed. Now to find some excellent samples…

D – Yep. I GOT the geek test Mark. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? :p

I got the geek test. I haven’t tried the drum thing yet. Gotta wait until I get home.

Quote (woxnerw @ Mar. 23 2006,17:24)
Hi Mark and phoo:
You sound pretty hyped over this Drum Sample Setup.. Am I missing something? What's this gonna do? Is it something like JamStix? Or mabey you can describe how you use this application?

Bill..

Bill,

It's essentially a sample player... but it has a pattern editor and a host of other features. You could build an entire drum track inside the thing I suppose. I will probably simply load it up with some choice samples and let my MIDI tracks edited in BIAB or n-Track do the "playing".

Check it out when you have time...

D

Yep, what D said…

I went to a track on the timeline and right-clicked on it. I went to more effects… there IT is (the link) “Nusofting”… It’s not in the VST folder yet…

I thought about IT… I am unable to figure out the nurd test… ??? :( :p Mark…My Bluenose Dictionary has nothing in there regarding “The Geek Test”…

So… Do I download the application and install the .dll file in VST Folder? or Is IT already there? or where is IT?

Hey… take it easy on me. my head has been pretty delicate all this week…

I have a couple of Simmonds drum Brains… They are the very early 8-Track versions… They convert MIDI numbers-to-MIDI voices… They accept 8 trigger pulses in and convert them to a MIDI Note… However, they are not very dynamically sensitive… as in… touch sensitive…

So… can these units be used with this Nusofting App.?

What say YOU ALL?

Bill…

[EDIT]
Here’s a link I just found… Is there anyway this app can be incorperated into this topic?

http://www.livelab.dk/touchpad2midi.php

I’m Back Again:
I see v4.2.0 build 2078 posted. The file size is approx 11 meg. I’m presumming that this is the build that you are referring to… IT has the drum sample’er?

Bill…

Yes, that’s the one Bill.

As for the geek test, here’s a clue… what’s another name for a VW Beetle?

O.K. I have the bata build 2078… I’ll be installing it… Would IT be a good idea to create another folder and install v4.2.0 that way? Or even on another drive?

Just checking…

AaHh Yes… Another name for a VW Beetle… is and… Do you know I remember them around here… They could be bought Brand new for around 1000-1100.00 dollars in our money Late '50’s early '60’s… The Canadian dollar was worth $1.10 in reference to the Green-Back… in those days…

Bill…