New Build 2054

Resource level lower

Hi n-Trackers:
I’m downloading and installing the bata builds as Flavio Posts them…

The latest build (2054) has just been installed on my setup.

For those guys who are struggleing with high CPU loads… this build runs at a lower CPU load of about 4%…

The TEST Project that I am useing to check the bata build behaviour here has 11 stereo tracks with no plugs and two groups with no plugs… the Master output strip has n-Track Multi-band Compressor installed…

Build 2053 CPU level for this time line operated at about 38-39%… This build (2054) operates at about 34-35%… all things being equal…

This is the machine I use to EDIT Tracks… It is an XP Home Desk / ASUS/intel P-111 1.2mhz with 512 meg. ram with an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro graphics Card with 16 and 24 bit Audio cards…

Bill…

how does this build compare to v3.3 in terms of resource consumption, from what you remember?

Hi aikan:
There used to be guys here on the Board that used to document all that stuff… However, it doesn’t appear to be as much as a TO-DO, these days… with the speed of the present-day DAW’s.

I’m struggeling away with this P-111 here… It’s somewhat important to me, because of this machine, but Flavio is working on removing/hiding as much Graphics demanding “Code” as he can get away with… At least, that’s what I think he’s up-to…

I like the idea of “Right-Clicking” on a track on the time-line to display the mixer options… I think, that cuts down on a lot of resourse useage… The right-clicking on the "Repro-Meter is working real nice for me. The repro-meter options are just great for me and how I like to see the Repro Meter’s functions… I’d like to see him continue working on the Graphics of the Repro Meters, though…

I’d like to see the meters “Magnify” or “Expand” it’s reselution by Right-Clicking and Draging the mouse over a selected area of the meter to display more detail of the “Buisness Area” of the meter disply/operation… As well, I’d like to see him work on the “OVER” portion of the Meters. By showing the area above 0DB. up to and including as much as say the +6DB - +10DB area…

Mabey, Flavio could include this request in a NEW Build or version… OR… when v4.1.6 comes out of bata…

Hey. Flavio… Could you consider these requests for me??

Bill…

[EDIT]
By-the-way… build 2055 is working just fine… so-far-so-good… Thank you Flavio…