New build.  Good mixer functionality

4.1 Beta 2 1933

There’s a new build up chaps. 4.1 Beta 2 1933.

I’ve only had a quick play but it allows multiple mixers which can be configured to show what you want - eg audio tracks, master, midi, etc.

The mixers themselves have some more config parameters too.

Mark

Hi Mark A:
Is this build going in the direction of what we were discussing in an earlier thread?
It was regarding the choice of minimizing tracks from the Main Mixer when/after commiting tracks to a group?

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hi Mark A:
Is this build going in the direction of what we were discussing in an earlier thread?
It was regarding the choice of minimizing tracks from the Main Mixer when/after commiting tracks to a group?

Hi Bill,

It doesn’t seem to - but I’ve only had a quick look. But it’s certainly a very positive improvement and may well be a platform for what we discussed.

Mark
Quote (woxnerw @ Aug. 18 2005,12:18)
Hi Mark A:

Bill..

I've couldn't find the thread you're referring to. I could easily add an option to not display in the mixer channels sent to groups. Is this what you were thinking?

Flavio.

Hi Flavio:
Thanks for your looking in on this topic… At one point in the other topic we began to discuss the Main Mixer Screen and how much Real estate it took to show all the tracks in the main mixer when we had 8-12 tracks going on… Then we discussed haveing a choice with hideing the tracks from the main Mixer when we had a group of tracks assigned to a group… Then we could at will say Un-Group any track and then it would appear in the main mixer again… I wish I could explain my Wants-and-likes with better communication skills… But mabey some of the other guys will jump in and set it straight…

Thanks again Flavio, for jumping in, here…

Bill…

has anyone tried opening older projects (for example, recorded with the non-beta build 1846)? i was having a few small issues with the previous beta build, but it seems to be even worse with this latest build. i’m getting plugin errors and had it to the point where n-track would no longer open without crashing immediately. all i’ve tried is opening a 1846-recorded project… will do more testing and probably submit a bug report later.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’ve couldn’t find the thread you’re referring to. I could easily add an option to not display in the mixer channels sent to groups. Is this what you were thinking?

Hi Flavio, Hi Bill,

Yes, that’s it.

The thread is here:

http://www.ntrack.com/cgi-bin…;t=3048

Mark

Hi dimmer77:
I know you a leerjeff and a bunch of guys had some nice productive ideas to “Lean Up” the DSP/ CPU consumption of the GUI? Is that what’s it called?

Anyway, Guys… the Door-is-Open… Flavio is looking at our WANT LIST… He’s putting them on his TO-DO list…

What a GUY… :O :;):

Anyway, it sounds like you’re extra busy over there, with NEW builds…

Bill…

Bill…

It looks good.

If there was just ONE thing I could request though:

Would it be possible to allow the mixer window to be maximized when it is NOT docked?

It would be awesome for us dual-monitor types that keep the timeline maximized on one monitor, and the mixer running in the other.

Thanks!

I miss having the mixer icon button… it took me ten minutes of looking around to figure out how to bring up the mixer lol.
Flavio-
Is it possible to rearrange the mixer stripes as well? for example, a real mixer has the bus and main stripes on the right side, while n-track is putting them on the left…

also,

If I enable resize automatically in the mixer selections, it displays the tracks uniformly (as opposed to having the auxillary channels “longer” than the normal tracks), which is great, except now I have a scroll bar covering part of whatever the last track is on the right, and I can’t resize it manually to deal with it.

Looks nice though :) I noticed the fader knobs are updated… (I think…)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Is it possible to rearrange the mixer stripes as well? for example, a real mixer has the bus and main stripes on the right side, while n-track is putting them on the left…

I sort of agree (but I’m used to n-Track now), but now you can have the master channel on a mixer on it’s own, separate from the tracks, and put it where you want.
Quote (guitars69 @ Aug. 18 2005,23:43)
I miss having the mixer icon button... it took me ten minutes of looking around to figure out how to bring up the mixer lol.

F3?

HTH
DSP

In the new build F3 toggles the Master mixer and TAB toggles the track mixer. Any others appear to have to be toggled from the menu.

Mark

I know NOW duncanparsons :) I just couldn’t find the button and right clicked everywhere, then finally checked all the menus. Found the right one and had to experiment more to get it to show what I wanted.

rss says build 1934 is up, but it’s not on the download page?

I suspect it’s in progress -several placed to update - can’t all be done at once. You just hit lucky (or unlucky).

The “what’s changed” page refers to 1934

Hey Bill… get this:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Build 1934, 8/19/05
Option to hide from mixer tracks sent to group channels (‘Hide groups sent to this channel’ in the group properties box). ‘Hide minimized/hidden tracks’ option must also be selected in the mixer context menu

I emailed Flavio earlier today with a link to teh post that we discussed this in. Pretty cool eh? Thanks Flavio.

Mark

why would the what’s changed page be updated to include info on a new build that’s not currently available for download? doesn’t really make sense to update that first, as the rss is being updated as well. do you get build 1934 when you download the latest installer?

maybe, but it still requires several files to be edited and uploaded to the web server. And then web servers and browsers cache data too so that might to do with it.

Download page now says 1936.

And so does the downloaded version.

Mark

I’d sure like to get a nice dependable DAW up and going… Then get to play with some new builds… If I don’t get all of the plugs loaded up here, I’m gonna get Cross-hair’ed Tracks… from the projects I have on these drives… I’d like to take it for a spin with this G-550 graphics card I got on this P-4… AaHh… Mabey, someday… ??? :(

But Thank-you Flavio…

Bill…