New Build

Lots of new goodies

Just noticed a new build up. 1888 (in the changes log), but it says 1887 on the Download page. Nevermind that, check out these features:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Support for surround mixing
Surround panner
Redesigned delete track dialog box shows all wave files to be deleted from selected tracks
Overlapped wave files in the timeline Z order can be now altereded with the Bring to front/Send to back context menu commands
List box to select which outputs to mixdown in the Mixdown dialog box
Option to mixdown to multiple stereo wave files, multiple mono wave files or single multichannel wave file
Bounce track to single wave file timeline context menu command

Thanks Flavio.

Mark

EDIT: Now it says 1889 on the download page, and 1888 on the what’s changed. Perhaps I was too hasty and have caught Flavio mid page updates

Wow…was keeping my eye out for this one. Thanks Flavio!

Of course it’s a Beta y’all, so that means expect bugs, and report them if you can so Flavio can squash 'em.

Tony

Surround! :)

new build sounds interesting… surround is a feature i don’t see myself using besides just trying it out for fun.

if anyone is trying this out and/or using it in practice, i’m curious to hear how your gear is set up for monitoring, etc. i have a multi out soundcard and just feed two channels into my mixer for L & R output. there must be a way to make use of a standard mixer to output 5 seperate channels to 5 seperate speakers, no? the only surround system i have is the one i watch movies on.

i’m sure other users would be interested in hearing more about this too.

Surround…awesome. I’ve been wanting to experiment with this for a while…now I basicly get it for free. There is no emoticon to express my joy at this moment.

CB

Just a heads up: it requires .NET 2.0.xxx, which is a beta version; I still had 1.1, which is what 4.05 requires. If you don’t have it, be sure to grab it before doing your install… :cool:

Tony

Quote (Scantee @ July 05 2005,23:07)
Just a heads up: it requires .NET 2.0.xxx, which is a beta version; I still had 1.1, which is what 4.05 requires. If you don't have it, be sure to grab it before doing your install... :cool:

Tony

Yep... and the download is a big rascal for all of you on dial-up. Use a download manager and go to bed...........

TG

Another heads up: be sure to backup your project files before opening and saving them in 4.1…it seems to have weird issues with the groups from a 4.05 project I have, and I’m not sure if I can open it in 4.05 anymore w/o problems after saving it in 4.1…need to try it later.

Tony

ok, i finally found the surround features and have been playing… but now i’m wondering what to do after you’ve mixed down to the wave file?.. i have a 5.1 decoder, but i’m not sure that i can just drop a disc in the player and listen… has anyone been successful with this yet?.. i’m assuming that i’d have to encode in a dvd format to get it to work?..

thanks,
isaac

Quote (idover @ July 07 2005,10:11)
ok, i finally found the surround features and have been playing… but now i’m wondering what to do after you’ve mixed down to the wave file?.. i have a 5.1 decoder, but i’m not sure that i can just drop a disc in the player and listen… has anyone been successful with this yet?.. i’m assuming that i’d have to encode in a dvd format to get it to work?..

thanks,
isaac

I think a tutorial is in order here, especially for the mixdown part. Flavio? Anyone? I’m not sure if I’m being limited by my sound card (only two analog outputs, i.e., L/R), but after sending tracks to “Surround Main” and panning them around to different locations in the surround space, I mix down to a “Single Multichannel File”, but always get a two-channel stereo file.

I notice that when mixing down, I only have radio buttons for Stereo and Mono…nothing else. I guess I’ll need to try going to a machine with a surround-capable card to see if it makes a difference.

I’m sure Flavio’s working on updating the manual right now, but it would be nice to have basic instructions for the time being… hint hint :D

Tony

Quote (Scantee @ July 08 2005,08:43)
I think a tutorial is in order here, especially for the mixdown part. Flavio? Anyone?

OK, actually it wasn’t hard at all to mix down a working surround WAV file. Just made sure all the necessary channels for the surround card were selected and mixed down as a single multichannel WAV file. Played back fine in Windows Media Player through surround speakers.

As far as making a disc for playback in a standalone player, you’ll need to get software to make a DVD video disc with surround, a DVD-A disc, or an SACD disc, AFAIK. Haven’t done much research on this, though, so I can’t recommend any particular software…

Tony

Yes, well it’ll have to most likely be DVD-A or a DVD video disc as 24 bit 96khz 5.1 is the standard for those, and DVD-A is slowly making a standing as the standard for music releases.