new contest

on SC

Hey all you talented and marvelous n-trackers! They’re having another contest for Dec on the big SC, forum page, Critic’s Corner, there are still 2 slots left as I write this, Sunday morning,
Fame and glory await you I’m sure,

Just one slot now after I subumit my gregorian chant version of
‘Oscar Mayer Wiener’ :cool:

Darn…
I entered one of mine…then listened to some of the others…they are real!..mastered and professional…then I saw I couldn’t delete my submission… :disagree:

Don’t you dare delete anything! Your song is super, good choice to enter, excellent song writing, fantastic melody, great guitar work. I’ve heard most of the rest already and I’m voting for you Craigo. It sounds great!

Now this reminds me of a mystery - why should spreadie go and spend $1000, er make that 1000 quid for someone to master what he’s got? (honestly, I’m asking, not a rhetorical question, if anyone has an intelligent answer,)

(If anyone does have a great idea for his track, he can make changes and update the version before the judges get a hold of it. Personally I think it sounds stellar)

Besides, half of that crowd over there thinks bands like Fortune are too slick for their own good! Last month a track won with just vocals and guitar, a folk number. So I would be damn proud and don’t forget to get your mum to vote for you!

Wow…thanks for that Nix!!

It’s kind of intimidating over there though…some of those guys can be pretty harsh!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Craig

Bubbagump made an offer to work on some things for his new set up and mixing/mastering business - take him up on it Craig!

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 07 2008, 2:36 PM)

Darn....
I entered one of mine....then listened to some of the others....they are real!...mastered and professional...then I saw I couldn't delete my submission.... :disagree:

:D I haven't heard it but lets say for the sake of argument that you slobbered all over your guitar and it sounds murky. Who cares, your vehicle is your voice cowboy and the more you get it heard the better. Your writing is great too so who cares if the production is off a little. Lets face it, there are some real pros out there! So what. I'll bet 90% of them wish they had your voice. I say lets go vote for this punk weather he likes it or not. :agree:
:laugh: Now with a post like that I'm wondering why I don't have a user rating of at least a .25?
Dmm things come hard around here, no love, no rating.
:whistle:

Ok well listen to this contest submission and see if you can last long enough to hear the whole track:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6451816

Seriously, there are a lot of good tracks on there, true, but I scanned through and MOST of the entries are homemade. I like it that way.

A solid one. I’m flattered, way more than I was expecting!
I would sincerely like to thank Flavio Antonio for making this all possible,
the n-track discussion Forum, the other topic forum, and n-track studio music
forum and all of their awsome members for this great honor. (eyes tearing)
Thank you all.
Lets boogie!
Levi

I gave you a 5 rating old chap!

A 5? Well I don’t deserve that much do I? I mean I am kind of disruptive around here sometimes :laugh:
Look at this guy! He’s in a contest, he should be getting pumped up. Getting his chops up to speed, smuzin and woking the net. But no he’s over here giving me a rating, a rating! What a guy! That’s the stuff champions are made of! I’m honored sir!
You on the other hand need to get your’self over to www.esessions.com and register a free account, build a profile, learn the system. Upload a sample of your best vocal/lyric combo and photo, and Say $100. to 200. per song. to start. :agree:

Hey Nix and Craig? What are the names of the songs that you entered the contest with?
I guess we can search by artist?

I put my last one in…

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7049314

Million and one things unsaid. I’ve done some minor things to it.
esession hey? Does it work?

Craig

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 08 2008, 10:46 AM)

I put my last one in...

Million and one things unsaid. I've done some minor things to it.

Craig

Great!
Have been wondering about any changes to that one.
I'll go check that now.
eSessons does not work for you if your not there good buddy.
Thx for the link.
Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 08 2008, 10:46 AM)

I put my last one in...

Million and one things unsaid. I've done some minor things to it.

Craig

I'll hunt this down at the contest voteing page.

How does the SC contest(s) work? Who decides the winner(s)? Randy, Paula and Simon? :laugh: Or Moe, Larry and Curly… :laugh:

D

Quote: (Dubious @ Dec. 08 2008, 12:05 PM)

How does the SC contest(s) work? Who decides the winner(s)? Randy, Paula and Simon? :laugh: Or Moe, Larry and Curly... :laugh:

D

Mo Larry than Curley :peace:

They have a great staff at SoundClick. The owners and site originators are very active and accessible.
They were a great help with our n contest.
Can you post some links to the contest nixon?