New Demo

Warning: Christian, as usual

Hi guys,

Just uploaded a new demo song to my website …

Where Jesus Touches The Earth

Recorded in n-Track, with some tracks rendered by SynthFont (drums using nskit6, bass using ns J-Bass, piano using Fluid), acoustic guitar, and electric guitar forged by running an acoustic track through Magix Music Studio’s built-in amp simulator.

If anyone gets a chance to have a listen and offer some feedback that would be great.

As the title and thread heading implies … this is a Christian song. You have been warned!

:D

Cheers,
Dave

Very nice. Amazing drums programming, wish I could do that.

Is that you doing chorus? sounds good.

Did you put compression on your vocal? If so, maybe it’s you’re being off key a couple of places (not to be critical, 'cause I don’t sing as nicely). Nice expression.

:;):

Yeah I like it. For me I think that maybe the vocal and bass guitar is too high in comparison to the drums and guitars. They stand out a bit too much, where as the guitars and drums sound kind of distant to me.

Hello DaveC

Thanks for sharing your song (Im guessing its yours?)

I like the message.

I agree with Lito on the drums and guitars, but I think the voice and the bass are probably in an ok position once you bring the drums and the guitars higher.

I think your power chords and the bass are in very similar frequencies and I dont enjoy that. Perhaps you might want to try doing different voicings for the chords in order to fill in more space in the song.

Was that a picardy third on the ending? Interesting , but too Baroque for my personal taste.

Thanks for posting and for spreading the message that way.

Thanks for the feedback guys,

<!–QuoteBegin>

Did you put compression on your vocal? If so,maybe it’s you’re being off key a couple of places

Yes I did … and being off key in a couple of places is about par for the course where my singing is concerned. It is getting better, though.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Yeah I like it. For me I think that maybe the vocal and bass guitar is too high in comparison to the drums and guitars. They stand out a bit too much,where as the guitars and drums sound kind of distant to me.

Interesting, I actually pulled the drums and guitars back because they seemed to dominate when I was mixing. I guess I probably need to listen to my mixes on a wider range of equipment before I consider them done.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Thanks for sharing your song (Im guessing its yours?). I like the message.

Yes it is and thank you.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I agree with Lito on the drums and guitars, but I think the voice and the bass are probably in an ok position once you bring the drums and the guitars higher.

I think your power chords and the bass are in very similar frequencies and I dont enjoy that. Perhaps you might want to try doing different voicings for the chords in order to fill in more space in the song.

Yeah, I can see that. Thanks for the suggestion.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Was that a picardy third on the ending? Interesting ,but too Baroque for my personal taste.

Yes is was - just seemed to fit when I was arranging the song, and thanks to you I now know that that sort of ending has a correct name, and where it comes from. Thank you :D

<!–QuoteBegin>
Thanks for posting and for spreading the message that way.

Cheers,
Dave

Very nice song and message. I’m not a desperately strong Christian but can still be inspired. Performance wise, sure you go a little off key sometimes ( listen to my songs and you will find ur not alone ),but not wildly and who of us doesn’t suffer from that.( unless u are perfect and I think only one or two of us on here would claim that :D )
I like this very much. Please lift the guitar a little in the mix. Great work.