New gear and questions...

Yay!

Hooray for shopping!

- Glyph 050 160gig ext HD

- Audio-Technica ATH-D40 phones

- 1 gig SDRAM update (bought pc2700 so I could o/c my mobo more)

- Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (on sale at NewEgg)

- Adaptec duoconnect Firewire/USB2 PCI card

Very excited. Already got the last three yesterday.

But one thing I didn’t realize… is the Audigy 2 ZS already a firewire port? I needed one for the Glyph HD - could I have just used the Audigy port without getting the duoconnect PCI card? Or should I not have depended on the Audigy’s port for all that data anyway?

And it’s a little after the fact, but I’m hoping there are others who have used the Glyph with N-track… Buehler? Anyone?

P.S. Some of you may remember I was working on a score for a friend’s short film. It came out great, we had the screening party a few weeks ago, over 100 people came. Good times.

I dont have first hand experience with your situ but according to the documentation, I also own the Audigy, that firewire port is specifically for such a setup and not as an input port. So I am “assuming” that it could/should work. Only one way to find out. Could you let us know how it works?

Quote (syn707 @ Sep. 08 2005,23:47)
I dont have first hand experience with your situ but according to the documentation, I also own the Audigy, that firewire port is specifically for such a setup and not as an input port. So I am "assuming" that it could/should work. Only one way to find out. Could you let us know how it works?

Yeah, I'm going to be holding off on installing the duoconnect card until I get the Glyph unit and see how it performs. And I won't be using the Audigy for recording, I've got a Delta 1010 for that, so it's not like I'll be streaming audio straight to the Glyph from the Audigy or anything.