New guitar

Warmoth

My custom Warmoth finally arrived 2 weeks ago (I ordered it on 1/5 and it took over 12 weeks for them to finish it). Here’s a pic of it before I put the knobs on. It took me 3 nights to assemble it and more time to set it up & tweak it (I put on Graph Tech string savers last week).

It’s mahagony with a flame maple top, Gotoh tunes & 510 one piece bridge, DiMarzio Virtual P-90 neck and Seymour Duncan Firebird bridge pickup. It’s sort of a PRS copy but it’s actually more the size of a strat. It has Schaller locking strap knobs. It weighs around 8 lbs. I love it - it’s definitely the nicest guitar I’ve ever owned.

Dr Guitar - yes it has a bolt on neck but it sounds & plays just fine.

If you have any questions, don’t hestitate to ask.

Hi Mr Soul:
Just checking… Is that selector switch… Is it a three position or a five position?

That’s a nice looking guitar…

What would that cost ? Ready to take on the stage and play?

Bill…

Congrats Mr. S ,Very nice Guitar!

Would love to hear something from the DiMarz. P-90 neck pick-up. Have heard the SD Firebird Bridge before, very hot!

Thanks guys.

It’s a 3 position switch. I used it at a gig last Sat. A;; I can say is that the guitar was cheap.

One shouldn’t ask a question that way, or, like that… But, I was making an attempt to compare it’s value with another currency…

Is one of those pickups a “Dual Coil” pickup?

If so, You might consider a Micro-switch to put it In-and-Out of phase. Just a suggestion…

Bill…

Looks cool. P-90 pickups rock. Post some clips, eh?

P-90’s do rock, and a very different distinctive sound. Would love an ear full.

<!–QuoteBegin>

That’s funny, you read my mind. :slight_smile:

It is a beauty Mike. There is nothing like getting exactly the instrument you want is there. How would you describe the tone?

Mike

<!–QuoteBegin>

That’s funny, you read my mind. :slight_smile:

It is a beauty Mike. There is nothing like getting exactly the instrument you want, is there. How would you describe the tone?

Mike

Errr…

How do you delete posts?

I see Dr.Guitar is having log in problems? What is up with the board?

Yes - I saw some typo’s in my earlier posts & the board won’t let me edit them now. My guess is you can only edit posts for a limited time now.

<!–QuoteBegin>

If so, You might consider a Micro-switch to put it In-and-Out of phase.

The Virtual P-90 has 4 wires so I could experiment with that. Unfortunately, the Firebird pickups does not (Seymour Duncan does have a version that does).

I opted for the PRS style controls. I never use the tone knob & I rarely use the volume knob because I don’t like how they affect the tone of any guitar I play.

These are the same pickups that were on my old Les Paul Deluxe which I’ve posted YouTube video’s of. My new guitar is similar sounding. I’ve also got lot’s of mp3’s of these pickups.

Dr Guitar - I didn’t read your mind, I just remember old posts :laugh: Actually I’d love to have a set neck but Warmoth doesn’t do that, plus I’m the one who assembled the guitar.

Also, I found an old, beat up PRS case at Guitar Center last weekend that my guitar fit perfectly so now I’ve got a nice hardshell case for it.

These are some other VIPs that Warmoth shows on their site - VIPs

Hey Mike!

Nice axe.

Did you make your move OK? Was it New Hampshire? Hope you are doing well, and the family too…

I oughta look into building a Warmoth guitar. Maybe I could get EXACTLY what I want if I build it myself…

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Did you make your move OK? Was it New Hampshire? Hope you are doing well, and the family too…

Thanks for asking. Yes - we’ve bought a new home in NH and I’ve been there already but we’re still in the process of moving from CA. My son & I return to NH on 6/15 for good. The rest of the family arrives later.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I oughta look into building a Warmoth guitar. Maybe I could get EXACTLY what I want if I build it myself…

Indeed you should at least look into it. You don’t go this route for cost, because it’s not cheap, but it’s no more expensive than a good Fender and it’s less than a Gibson or PRS. You can customize it to your spec’s, within the confines of what Warmoth offers, and get the hardware you want. Be forewarned - it will take 12+ weeks for you get your guitar if you order one today.

I played 2 gigs with this guitar & I love it.