New member introducing myself.

Just want to say “hello” to the everyone

Hi, my name is Joe. I am new to the forum but not to nTrack. I used v.4 and 5 and then nothing for a while. Now I am back with v.6. I am a musician getting his home studio started (finally). Looking forward to meeting some new people, getting help when I need some and eventually giving some help when I can. Peace! :D

Welcome to the zoo Joe…

Why don’t we have an official “introduction” thread, anyway?

Joe, welcome, post us some tunes! :agree:

I can post a tune from v.4 I did a few years ago. Desktop mic, using stock soundcard…blech. lol

And now you are obligated to post it. Unless you don’t want to. Not much of an obligation. ???

Hi, welcome, and good luck… no, seriously, in the words of Douglas Adams we’re “mostly harmless”. :whistle:

Let’s hear that tune then. :agree:

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 23 2011, 9:54 AM)

Hi, welcome, and good luck..... no, seriously, in the words of Douglas Adams we're "mostly harmless".
:whistle:

Let's hear that tune then.
:agree:

Big Douglas Adams fan here.....you have won me over! :agree:

Now, where did I put my towel?

WEll, this is kind of embarrassing…I don’t have a website or any of my music online sooo…how do I upload a tune to this site?

Hi Joe. Several options, I use www.soundclick.com

You can set up a free account, restricted for file size but pretty good site. I think some of the guys use bandcamp and also mixposure

Take your pick and welcome here :agree:

Thanks! Working on it now.

Well, here it is. I wrote this song 20-ish years ago. My best friend’s parents had recently divorced and his younger sister was having some real trouble coping (school problems, getting into trouble, etc.) It struck me that no 13 year old should have to deal with what she was seeing in life and so I was inspired to write this song. We performed it with our band and she loved it—and so did our fans (both of them lol). I recorded this some years ago on N-track v. 4.x with a cheap desktop mic, stock soundcard, an $80 keyboard, P.O.D. 2.0, mid grade electric guitar, $70 acoustic guitar, no room treatment, a rabid mongoose biting at my feet, and a grizzly bear in the room eying me up. All instruments/vocals were played/sung/programed by me. It’s called “Young Eyes”. Enjoy (or don’t).
:laugh:

Young Eyes

Hey Joe… where you goin’ wit dat gun in yo’ hann…?

UJ

PS Somebody just had to do it. :laugh:

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 24 2011, 8:35 AM)

Hey Joe... where you goin' wit dat gun in yo' hann...?

UJ

ahhh man. I was going to but then my crass-o-meter peaked and triggered my stupidity gate which stopped me.
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 23 2011, 2:00 PM)

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 24 2011, 8:35 AM)

Hey Joe... where you goin' wit dat gun in yo' hann...?

UJ

ahhh man.
I was going to but then my crass-o-meter peaked and triggered my stupidity gate which stopped me.

So what exactly are you saying? HMMMPPHHH!!

UJ

PS My stupidity gate is busted... (Thank God!) :laugh:

Listening now. Headphones.

First impressions. Nice mix. Good song. Great vocal. Are you sure you’re not Elvis Costello?

What did you use for drums?

Someone once said “if you can’t make a record with a stick mic and Soundblaster…” Well you certainly can. Good job. Excellent.

I should have mentioned that I had a timed demo version of a beat maker software. I made my beat and rendered each piece to a separate track so I could put separate EQ, PAN, COMP, etc. On each.

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 24 2011, 9:06 AM)

So what exactly are you saying? HMMMPPHHH!!

Well, I was going to say that you are a *&x*9 of a ?.(**% with a %^4&, that means you &*??<> like a >>$$67+

Doh, that plugin chain is still active.
:)
:) :) :)

ROFLMAO!!! :laugh: