New mix 0509

0509.wav

Ange x

Ange, the “personality” of your playing is what sets it apart. The same goes for your singing and writing. Might you need production help, suggestions from people who have been there/done that, or other musicians to add their talents now and then? Probably. But you just keep doing what you’re doing. Your talent is what will make the difference, not the quality of the production. :)

Well - I downloaded the wav file and ran it through what my oldest boy calls the “Poppa Willis patented, stone-groove song doctor analyzer” - and there is nothing to be done here. Nada zero zip zilch. You could tinker but why? It’s done. The wav holds the truth.

That said - there is one thing I would like to try, solely for an artistic challenge. :laugh:

I’ll email you.

WOOHOO!!! Very Cool!

On a techinickle note, vocal recording quality is much better now with the new interface and mic. I can really hear the difference. Much smoother.

I really like Ange’s guitar playing.
It fits her songs (no surprise!).
My only complaint about the original guitar track was that there was too much room sound. I think we ende dup comcluding that the bare wooden floor might have been the problem.
We messed around with it a lot in the mix.
Levi - the guitar and all vox are Ange’s, the flute is Mary’s through a Rode NTK and the LA 610.

Can I just say that Mary, having read Ange’s comment, has been making lewd comments for the last few minutes. :whistle: (She says that is one of the best compliments she has ever received…)
:agree:

I wouldn’t call it an orgasm in any shape or form, but the first time I heard a piano track learjeff added to a song I did ages ago, I felt a strange tingle in several places - most of them hairy… :)

Same thing (to a slighly lesser degree) with Fytrius’ piano on the 3’rd verse of The FARTones’ rendition of Hey Bulldog

Hiya!
Comms up on your full song info page, loved it!

I agree with Poppa. This is great as-is, no need to add anything or over-work it. Great piece of writing Ange and beautiful input from the Spademan Hit Factory!
Cheers,
Ian

Quote: (ange @ Jan. 09 2009, 4:31 AM)

Levi, my feelings cannot be hurt when it is the time taken to give honest opinions and good advice from people who are trying to help :)
you are very kind with your words, thank you.

I have to be honest tho, I think the the flute is amazing as it is, I'm not hearing that it needs to be quieter or that the sound needs to be edited but I do feel that it has lost something through mp3 conversion,

Right, just listening through laptop speakers here. But you will have to please that audience too you know. :whistle:

About the wav to mp3 conversion. We are dithering?

Dithering?!?!

DITHERING GUIDE

Don’t lose any sleep over it at this point Ange. :)

D

that’s 'mazing, thanks…

(i’ll get started on it as soon as i finish the bible! heck…i’m a’gonna be a’reading till i’m really old, like 40 or summint!
:p )

Ange x

Quote:

i'm a'gonna be a'reading till i'm really old, like 40 or summint!

OUCH!

D

Oh… my OLD heart… :heart-break:

I think tom probably dithered or he would have said something by now.
But it’s simple Ange. When you choose to mix down and the mixdown options dialog box opens.
Be sure to click on the button “more options”.
(It’s towards the bottom)
And then simply check the box to dither.
Always do that.
That will help keep more of the original quality.
Bubba could explain this perfectly but none of us would understand him so just trust me on this.
:) See no reading.
Your still young.
Alls well that ends well.
But you might have to do a new mixdown with the dithering oping checked for better quality mp3 :wink: Anytime you do anything to any of your tracks, like normalization. Always check to see if the dither check box is checked.
A L W A Y S :wink: lol Ange your 25 going on 65.
Your bod is young but your spirits been around for a while.
Levi

Quote: (ange @ Jan. 12 2009, 11:43 AM)

that's 'mazing, thanks...

(i'll get started on it as soon as i finish the bible! heck...i'm a'gonna be a'reading till i'm really old, like 40 or summint!
:p )

Ange x

:laugh: thats to funny! I know the feeling believe me! Be sure to read the previous post ;)
Quote: (ange @ Jan. 09 2009, 4:31 AM)

I really cannot get enough of that sound.
Have you ever compared 'music' to orgasm?! (for desperate want for a much better and more appropriate word!)
Amazing 'music' does something to me that has no name and can only be explained as/compared to a 'non-sexual' orgasm! ???

:whistle: That handle would be "Moved" Ange.
But orgasmic is perfect.
There are many climatic moments in music.
For the music that is :laugh: darn it!
Wouldn't it be great if we could just turn on the sterio and get off :laugh: What'ever!
There would be people everywhere driving around tuning in to what'ever!
Ye haa ???

Ride Sal'ly ride!
Come on Sal ly. Ride Sal ly ride.
Come on Sally!

Ange your going to get us all in trouble here!

I’m a great ditherer. I waste time all the time.

Dithering: noise-be-good

Anyway, who dithers when going to mp3? I thought that was for 24-16 bits, that sort of thing.