New Mixer

Hi Poppa Willis and All:

This desk could very well Open The Door to interface/interconnect The computer/DAW with the Stage/Audience in REAL Time… AND…
You’re right. it looks as though
WiFi is not outta/beyond the imagination…
This looks as it could be a Break-through in Digital Audio Technology…

I presume, if you have to ask how much it is,
it’s price is beyond buying…
SO…
How much ????

Bill…

I was told we got it at a sale price of $4500.00 Bill.
That’s a lot of board for that. It lists for $5999.00

One at $3799.00 here.

Hi Poppa Willis:

What a beautiful Mixer…

If I were tracking like I was in the mid-to-late '90’s to the early 20’s
That would be interconnected with the 24 - 8 - to - 16 - 2 Hill I have in the studio…
What a combination of audio control it would be for me…
and the setup I have…
From what Mackie recommends the A/D D/A cards are Motu 2408 mk3 or Echo Layla 24 cards…

The $3800.00 Desk would suit me just fine.
(sigh)

Bill…

[EDIT]

Sweetwater doesn’t mention it on their pages…
????

I believe that this Hardware/Software interface needs to be integrated with Broadcast Wave Files…
However, that’s just an assumption I have…

Hey Poppa - I’ll trade you straight up for the one we’re using at church - the Tascam DM24. I’ll even throw in our Mark Of The Unicorn interface.

Darn thing is just too sophisticated!

And I never have to worry about OUR drummer (because it’s me! tee-hee)

Must be nice bein’ yer own drummer… That’s the problem with all the digital consoles ain’t it - you can’t just ask someone to “do the sound” anymore. We are traing two new people on it - hopefully one of them will decide to keep comin’ to church.

That Tascam is not a bad piece o’ work!

Oh, it’s an incredible machine but when something goes wrong it can be a son-of-a-gun to figure out what to do. We had it in the shop awhile back and rented a plain vanilla Mackie to use in the interim - it was nice to work on something I actually understood.

I mean the .pdf manual for the Tascam is 146 pages of 2-column really small print.

Two channels that I had set-up for ambience mics stopped working and I can’t figure out why or how to fix 'em. I know I’ll get it eventually, but Gees-Louise it’s frustrating.

We have a Mackie Onyx 32-4. It’s OK without being remarkable. The church I use to attend, we had a Allen&Heath GL3200… THAT was a SCHAWEEEET analog board. I loved that thing.

OT… My son led a song today at out 2 year anniversary service. Rick Pino’s “The Anthem (Holy, Holy, Holy)”. I sat out so they could incorporate some of the youth into our normal Sunday service for this special event. I cried… the boy did great… :agree:

I know pride is not necessarily a good thing but I couldn’t help it. He is such a good kid err… young man.

D

ya old softy… Ain’t nothin’ wrong with bein’ proud of your son. We have a father that feels the same way. Even told the folks… "This is my beloved son, in whom I’m well pleased."

s’OK to be well pleased. :agree: