New mixer

Woohoo just got me a new mixer for the studio…hehe…Its a Peavey RQ 200 six channel mixer,was going to get a beringer but this one had more features for the money,dose any one have experiance with peavey,are they good mixers?

Bones

Quote (bones1300 @ Nov. 16 2005,13:26)
Woohoo just got me a new mixer for the studio...hehe...Its a Peavey RQ 200 six channel mixer,was going to get a beringer but this one had more features for the money,dose any one have experiance with peavey,are they good mixers?

Bones

I guess that that kind of questions is better to do BEFORE buy the mixer... after you have the thing, anyway you will use it, isnt? :)

BTW, i dont know if Peavey mixers are good or not, never had/tryed one.

well yeah but i found it for a good deal and it was the only one that had the monitor abilty that i wanted,and the guy at the store said it was great but you know how that is.

bones

I am a big Peavey fan. I have owned guitars, basses, guitar amps, bass amps and their pro audio gear.

Not the most expensive, not always the most bells and whistles but…always good quality, durable, and made for working musicians.

Imho

Dave

Peavey - same opinion as Dave - what model is it? :)

Peavey gear tends to be a good value. Back in the 80’s I didn’t care for their mixers at all, since they had a lot of hiss and low headroom. Things are all different now, where even the inexpensive Behringer mixers are really quite good, and only suffer when compared to higher quality gear.

I guess that what I mean to say is that in mixers these days, even the cheapest ones tend to be darn good for the purpose of home recording. Audio quality (especially dynamic range) has improved dramatically, and if you’re not getting good tracks & mixes, you generally can’t blame the mixer!

But I haven’t used any recent Peaveys. I suggest you use it, see how high you have to turn faders up to hear audible hiss, and pay attention to how it sounds when you’re pushing it (meters near clipping, flashing the clip LED now or then while recording). If you don’t hear any nastiness, you’re good to go.

Enjoy your mixer.