new recorded tracks are off sync in playback.

This has happened twice, now.
I’m working on a project, and everything is fine.
I’m up to around 22 tracks.
All of a sudden, any new track I record is out of sync on the playback. It is ahead of the other tracks. Now, no matter how many tracks I delete, even if I get down to 4 tracks, every new track added is out of sync.
If I start a new project, everything is fine again. There are now 2 projects I may have to trash now due to this, and I’m afraid to get into any more projects till I overcome this problem. I have tried playing with the buffers, but it doesn’t seem to help, unless I missed something. Midi tracks still seem to record in sync.
What is going on?

Running Windows XP, 2.4g hyperthread P4, 1.5 gigs of ram, and plenty of room on the 7500rpm HD. Using very, very few effects, or plugin’s on projects. Should be plenty enough power to do well more than 22 tracks, and I have done as many as 48 without issue in the past.

Forgot to mention, I’m using a Delta 1010 with the system.

Just a thought for trouble shooting: In the preferences play with the effects latency adjustment setting - in the newer builds there are some in the Preference > Options.
Does sound like something you need to file a bug report on. You did not mention what build you are using - is it a beta 6 or a “Set” version?

I had a similar problem during a session. I found if I reset the song speed icon to default and then re-recorded my track as was well.

Hope this works,

PACO

It’s version 6.0.3 build 2461. Just an outside chance, I’m gonna add some more ram tomorrow to see if it helps, but it doesn’t sound like the problem. My CPU is only showing 32% usage while running the project, and I’m using very few plugin’s, do I’m thinking the 1.5gb of Ram should be more than enough. I can upgrade to 2 tomorrow, but not so sure it’s going to help any.

Quote: (Paco572 @ Nov. 11 2009, 5:01 PM)

I had a similar problem during a session. I found if I reset the song speed icon to default and then re-recorded my track as was well.

Hope this works,

PACO

Song speed icon?
Quote: (Toker41 @ Nov. 11 2009, 6:53 PM)

Quote: (Paco572 @ Nov. 11 2009, 5:01 PM)

Hope this works,

PACO

Song speed icon?

Older versions of n-Track might not show the same thing, however you want to make sure it's at 1x which is the default. On some n-track version builds 1x will show after selecting it as x0.99 This is normal. Resetting this will not correct the new tracks sync issue, you'll have to record again, it should this time playback correctly at the right speed...hopefully.

On the ram side, more is always better but may not help the audio sync problem.

Hope this helps
PACO

Didn’t seem to help, and now things just got worse. When I click on the .sng file of the song I’ve worked on for 27 hours now, it opens an entirely different song project, who’s name isn’t even close to the file I’m trying to open.
So, N-track reassigned the .sng file name to another project, and the project I wanted to open, that I’ve worked so hard on for the last 2 days…IS GONE~!
Flavio doesn’t seem to answer e-mail anymore, and I’m getting really pissed. I did absolutely nothing that could have caused this last problem, and now my work is all for not.
Not to mention the money I paid people to lay down these tracks, that are now gone.
I’ve used N-track for years, but this latest glitch is too much. I’m ready to kill everyone that lives on my block, right now, I am so enraged. This is a BIG UNACCEPTABLE BUG. Only way the rename could happen is if I physically typed in “save as” on the old song, and renamed it to the new song title, which I didn’t do. I am sooo pissed!

two things - first you gotta watch what your default working folder is in the preferences/paths. Also you should check save backups every (…) minutes under preferences/appearance. Hope you get things back on track - we’ve all stepped on a mine or two.

All of that is done. Can not figure out any reason it should have done this. Now that project is lost.

What an absolute drag - I would be pretty pissed as too.
Here are a few things to try, if you have not
Before you give up - have you done a Search with Windows Explorer for the file name? I can see how a session could get accidentally renamed or saved under a different name or directory, but I am at a loss as to how the files saved under the intended name would completely disappear.
There ware some versions that had problems with the speed slider getting set incorrectly. I have also experienced computer clock problems not running true when a larger load was placed on the computer. Usually, more consistency is found by setting the record and playback clock to run from the soundcard. If you can find your files, it would probably be wise to use the Freeze to apply the changes to the individual tracks and see if that does anything to solve the original sync problem (and I’d go to Preferences and change the clock to the sound card and see if that helps)
As to saving files - as soon as I start a project I open a new file File > Save As and name the file. Each track will then be created, saved to disk, with that name and the track number. Then as soon as I have done any recording I use the File > Move Rename to move all of the files into a Sub-directory names for the individual project/song. I also back up to a USB hard drive with the original un-changed files and add change as I go along.
I used to just over write each sng file when I made changes - now, I save As (Project name)+ number just in case I mess something up - the sng files are small and can be deleted later. But I always back up the .wav files as I go along adding tracks.

Another search - try using the advanced parameters (like all files created/modified
for the last few days). I know it sounds like a lot of files - but something might pop out because you will see the folders they were created in. And a little investigation might lead you to the files. Like bax said - it sucks.