New Slang

http://warsaw.innova-partners.com/~cburke…Mix.mp3

Just wrapped this one this past weekend. Enjoy.

There’s a lot to like there.
Horns especially. Plus the funked guitar.
Very cool kind of retro stuff. (Not too retro)
Yeh - those horns sound good.
Good spatial seperation too.

Wow. I like everything about it. Everything. :agree:

Are those keyboard horns?

Um, no. Not even close. So does this sound like really good keyboard horns or really bad live players? Not sure how to take that question.

As for the rest, glad you dig. :) I have one more from the horn sessions coming off the press in the next week or so with a great tenor sax solo. It was one of those times I had dude record five solos and each was as excellent as the next… so it will be tough to decide what to use. This record is finally starting to wrap up.

Use 'em all. On top of each other. Or perhaps 5 different versions of the songs for your fans so you make more money.

Horn samples & romplers have gotten marginally better over the years…if you like that sort of thing…which I don’t. The ones here sounded grainy, perhaps due to a low bit resolution.

These are real live horn players, several of which who have played with P Funk and Rick James’ Stone City Band… heavy hitters… What I am trying to get here is if there some criticism of the sound of the horn recording or what? If that is the case, it certainly isn’t a matter of signal path or low bit depth. Admittedly the horns are being run through 1176s and hit pretty hard as is the 2 buss being pushed pretty hard through summing to create a bit of color. So perhaps that is what you are hearing? I just don’t understand the statements being made.

Hrm, good ears. I just listened to the stems and there is indeed some crunch on there. Bypassed the 1176s and it disappeared. Interesting. Not sure if I care to change it… but interesting none the less.

bravo bubba! nice mix.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 08 2009, 11:05 PM)

Hrm, good ears. I just listened to the stems and there is indeed some crunch on there. Bypassed the 1176s and it disappeared. Interesting. Not sure if I care to change it... but interesting none the less.

That fiddler chick in PunchTheMonkey is hot. Hook me up, bro. :)

Pay the shipping.

Had to say it… it will be worth sleeping on the couch tonight.

Reminds me of material by Percy Hill, this group I used to listen to back in my school days around the NH seacoast.
Sorry Bubba, don’t know anything about recording horns, just reminiscing here…

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 09 2009, 2:12 PM)

Pay the shipping.

Had to say it... it will be worth sleeping on the couch tonight.

Huh? You lost me on that one, m8.

The horns sound very, very clean. Almost too clean. That is why I thought it might be keyboard horns. I didn’t hear that brass edgy sound I expect from live horns. That’s why I asked.

Regards,

Keith

Quote: (flanders @ Dec. 09 2009, 8:40 PM)

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 09 2009, 2:12 PM)

Pay the shipping.

Had to say it... it will be worth sleeping on the couch tonight.

Huh?
You lost me on that one, m8.

You said you wanted the hook up... You got it so long as you pay the shipping. She is a very heavy sleeper, so I am sure I can get her boxed up without noticing over night.

Wow, Bubba! An absolute stonker*. The horns are mint.

*UK compliment.

Sounds great! Solid melody, cool rhythm, nice one!