new song recorded with n-track

The first new song (Goes Both Ways) (as well as Pennies) was recorded with n-track using freeware vst and vsti’s in the middle of the night heh

http://www.myspace.com/windycitymusic

i love software studios…im still learnin to deal with eq and compression…but its al ot of fun learning

thanks flavio

Sounds pretty darn good to me. :)

It could be great with a real drummer and a real piano. I always say that. :D

Nice vocals.

Quote (TomS @ Mar. 01 2007,19:14)
Sounds pretty darn good to me. :)

It could be great with a real drummer and a real piano. I always say that. :D

Nice vocals.

donating a grand piano and a set of drums for me? :-)

btw are you the n-track genius who knows how to fake a good drum sound with samples i read about in the past?

Not me. You can tell if I fake it well here:

Tom’s recent songs

Some really nice modulations in that tune, BTW.

Quote (TomS @ Mar. 01 2007,21:15)
Not me. You can tell if I fake it well here:

Tom’s recent songs

Some really nice modulations in that tune, BTW.

at least your drums don’t sound like a typical 80’s style linndrum fashion like mines do hehe

you kinda remind me of jackson browne…with a splash of john waite which im a fan of.
very nice guitar playing…clean recording…and the tunes are catchy

i need some help with guitar fx…like figuring out how to get that 80’s chorusy palm muted guitar sound or that u2’ish violiny sustained guitar sound…what is it with some pro guitarists and their top secret sounds? :slight_smile:
they’re like old ladies who will take their recipes to their graves LOL

You know, I’ve seen the setups for those sounds, and they always leave out the single most important part of the chain - the player. :)

As with the other replies,

Yeah, real drums / piano would help, but very nicely done - love the sound of your voice - great tone, good control.

Dan