New song to share

Hi

We are using ntracks since 2 years and have a song to share.
I am music, my name is Koning
my friend is voice, his name is Johannes
We do not write the song but we hope you like it.
It is with motagator, I try to link it.

Bandsite - Motagator

Song is called Hymn

K-JR4U

I had a quick listen. Nice.

I particularly like the acoustic guitar… how did you record it?

Vocals are good too.

The song isn’t to my taste - it seems a bit drawn out, but it’s not one of yours anyway.

Got any more songs?

I see you are in Belgium. I live in the UK and we have good friends in Belgium. I have visited your country several times. Happy times.

Mark

Hi

Mark thank you very much for listening to the song. It is good to know.
Yes, it is very long (it also takes me much time to record!) and is old (like me :) )
I play the acoustic guitar 3 times with mic not in same space all the time.
Then I use compressor from Kjaehus Audio with ntracks eq + reverb. I am Very careful to use eq not the same.
Other music is midi with soundfont a340
Johannes record 5 tracks of vocals with the harmonie.
It is good for you to visit Belgium. Do you go to Ieper (my town)

K-JR4U

<!–QuoteBegin>

I play the acoustic guitar 3 times with mic not in same space all the time.
Then I use compressor from Kjaehus Audio with ntracks eq + reverb. I am Very careful to use eq not the same.

What guitar and mic did you use?

Our friends live in Arlon. Sorry, I don’t know where Ieper is.

Edit: I found Ieper. It is at the other end of the country from Arlon.

Mark

Hello Guys,

Listened to the track. Very nice indeed. Love the acoustic guitar and very much like the way you use things like the Timpani to accentuate parts of the song. I also like the way that you constantly introduce new instruments and extra voices to build the song from start to finish.
Very nice work!
Cheers,
Ian

P.S. I am from the UK, but I live in Dubai, and like Mark A, I have friends in Arlon in Belgium.

<!–QuoteBegin>

P.S. I am from the UK, but I live in Dubai, and like Mark A, I have friends in Arlon in Belgium.

It’s a small, yet large, world.

Hi

Mark I have acoustic guitar is copy of Ovation (not as much Euro!)
Mic is Behringer condensor I use for guitar (and voice sometimes)
I have dynamic mic (very cheap - only 5 Euro!!) it is good for voice if not singing loud.

Bruffie thank you for listened to the song. I have use many instruments it takes me so long time to record and mix. I am happy you enjoy it.

I visit in Dubai this year for holidays. I enjoy it very much, it is very hot (Belgium is cold :D )
I go to the Hyatt Regency hotel - wow!
I am returning soon I hope.

Koning

Nice song guys…bring that percssion forward a bit… Guitar is great stuff…

Well it’s not exaclty my genre …

But I have to say thats pretty darn good!

I wish I could get an acoustic sound that nice! Everything seems to blend really well. Vox rox. I dig groove that slowly develops. There are some real nice details going on in the background, and I love the horns at the end.

All in all a superb effort. :)

Hi

Thank you Starwood and cmw.
You are all kind to take time to post comment.
You all give me strenght to work on recording more songs.
I am happy to come to ntracks forum :D

K-JR4U

N Track is a nice place to come to :)

Hey Guys!

I just noticed how well this song is doing on Motagator.com, been top of the monthly charts for a few weeks now,
Congratulations!
Ian

Eyup!

Very nice indeed!
The Motagator crowd seem to like your music.
Well done.

Steve

Indeed very well done.

:;):

Heck yes- nicely progressive over time. I dig all the ‘little’ things that you find, as you listen, have come into play. It’s a bit like being in a room as the party starts, and after a short while you look up from a bit of conversational interlude- to find the room full of people!

Very engaging, and good use of tympani and some little swoopy synth sounds. Could use a little more cowbell I mean bring up those tymps a bit! :)

Hi

Sloom, thank you for listening to the song. It is as you say, the room becomes full!
Johannes and I are working with another song right now. We hope to finish soon and post it.
I hope you will like this one also.

JR4U