New Song

MONKEY BUSINESS

:D Here is that "MONKEY BUSINESS" song I referred to last month. Would appreciate any input.
Thx,
Levi

Cool blues groove, as always, great guitar sound, great lead work. I’m proud to be from the same state. :cool:

Good performance Levi - recording is very compressed though. Nice website. You gettin’ any sales?

ah, yes, reminds me of my days back in Austin sittin in the 6th street blues clubs hearing great jams, drinking lots of shiner bock, wandering aimlessly out in the street to the next club and doing it all over again. great times and memories.

do have to agree with pops, though, little over-compressed. would like to hear the dynamics breathe and stretch a little more. but a great feel to the tune.

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Nov. 11 2008, 5:49 PM)

Cool blues groove, as always, great guitar sound, great lead work. I'm proud to be from the same state. :cool:

Hey thx Nix! You are my buddy! :D Got lov Texas!
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 11 2008, 7:14 PM)

Good performance Levi - recording is very compressed though.

Thx PW, was it troubling to listen to? Not really, must still be blackballed
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Nov. 11 2008, 8:15 PM)

ah, yes, reminds me of my days back in Austin sittin in the 6th street blues clubs hearing great jams, drinking lots of shiner bock, wandering aimlessly out in the street to the next club and doing it all over again. great times and memories.

do have to agree with pops, though, little over-compressed. would like to hear the dynamics breathe and stretch a little more. but a great feel to the tune.

I appreciate that Johnny. Yes 6th st can be fun and then some! :D
Quote:

must still be blackballed

What is that supposed to mean?
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 12 2008, 9:13 AM)

Maybe some chick kicked him in the crotch?

D

Good job Levi! :agree:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 12 2008, 9:13 AM)

Quote:

Just joshin PW. My way of saying I think some of my stuff should sell.
I would buy it if I didn't get it for free :laugh:
And I'm not that easy to please, so I think that's a pretty good measure.
Lets face it.
Anythings possible these days. You've got groups after groups.
Mad mother hackers vigilante script writers against anything fun. :laugh: here again I'm just kidding.
However there is a little bit of truth to that and you know it.
"Now, we are joining with the human rights organisation again to highlight a new threat to freedom - internet censorship. Internet users are spied on, controlled and"
That's a little sentence out of the Observer.

I think the new fad will be to hire smart down to earth hackers to get even.
:laugh: about my music and soundclick.
I haven't had much success there.
I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on what's missing in my music or mix.

I appreciate you!
Levi
Quote: (Yaz @ Nov. 12 2008, 12:55 PM)

Good job Levi! :agree:

:D Much appreciated Yaz!
Quote: (Dubious @ Nov. 12 2008, 9:27 AM)

Maybe some chick kicked him in the crotch?

D

Hey some of those honeys are pretty big! :laugh:

Not to go completely off topic, but I never found that shiner stuff to be worth drinking.

:p

ducks

That’s it, we need a beer thread.

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 12 2008, 4:17 PM)

Not to go completely off topic, but I never found that shiner stuff to be worth drinking.

*ducks*

That's it, we need a beer thread.

Maybe I drink to much beer hmmmmm?
Quote:

about my music and soundclick.
I haven't had much success there.
I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on what's missing in my music or mix.

I appreciate you!
Levi

Does anyone have a lot of success there? Really, I don't know. I was hoping to learn from you if it's worth the expense. I only listened on lo-fi, so I can't speak with much confidence on the mix. My only complaint is not being able to make out the lyrics, but many a popular rock song has the same shortcoming. Enjoyed the guitar work, though.
:agree:
Quote:

*ducks*

That's it, we need a beer thread.

I thought at first you were talking about moonshine, but it must be some brand of beer I've never tried. As far as beer goes, after the first two or three, I'm really not all that picky. ???
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Nov. 13 2008, 4:42 PM)

Quote:

about my music and soundclick. I haven't had much success there. I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on what's missing in my music or mix.
I appreciate you!
Levi

Does anyone have a lot of success there? Really, I don't know. I was hoping to learn from you if it's worth the expense. I only listened on lo-fi, so I can't speak with much confidence on the mix. My only complaint is not being able to make out the lyrics, but many a popular rock song has the same shortcoming. Enjoyed the guitar work, though. :agree:

Hi Kevin,
I don't know, I wrote to soundclick support the other day asking about their store. They shot back that it works, some bands are selling. I guess it might depend on your fan base. I've not hand any luck there. But I do like the tools.
Glad you like the guitar, Thx!
Oh,
I tried with my best song uploaded, I did a 24hr promo on the main genera page. That gave me 5000 plays for the song in 24 hrs. That tool works great unless they lied about the plays. The bad news, no sales. The song is titled "Happy Boulevard".
Check it out. See if you think it has any appeal. www.soundclick.com/levistringer
Any good song should have some sales with 5000 plays. IMO
Levi

ZZ Top…Stevie Ray Vaughn…“Happy Boulevard” fits right in there, and I definitely didn’t hear anything wrong with the mix or the performance. Great job! Maybe it is the fan base thing.