New Song

Oh My Baby

I know what I did wrong, my bad.
OH MY BABY

This song is for lovers. lol I really don’t think this way.
As a writer I try to think up things that might inspire in some way.
I’m sure most of you can relate to find a tipic issues. If I where younger I would probably think that way.
:) I like lots of space :wink:
Levi

I like the use of the delay and the ‘spacial’ effect it gives. Your playing is spot on for this style Levi, great job gettin’ loose and crazy toward the end. I like it. Made my head nod and my shoulders move. :slight_smile:

Now for the critique - only thing that even slightly bothered me was:
1.) The bass is not centered at 0. This is no biggy. You might even consider imaging the drums slightly right to give the aural effect of listening to a trio front row center.
2.) The chorus or bridge section needs a little somethin’ somethin’ to set it apart and lift it from the rest of the tune. Again just my personal feedback.

Fun listen. Thanks for posting it.

Oh yea the drums are fine for me. Little wet but no big deal. Nice.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 08 2008, 8:41 PM)

The bass is not centered at 0. This is no biggy. You might even consider imaging the drums slightly right to give the aural effect of listening to a trio front row center.

PW I really appreciate it! Sorry about the broken link.
Hey you know this was probably my first attempt to create a stereo sound in a very long time. I set it like I would be on stage. Bass one side guitar the other, not much imagination I know. I should try some combos on that then.
I had one engineer mix bass and drums L, voice and guitar R. one time as an experiment. I should have paid more attention to that.
Sounds good thx for the ideas!

boink

If you wan’t to link to your soundclick songs, just make sure that you log out there before you preview your post here with the link to soundclick.
???
This forum has changed.
Can’t stop a post anymo.

Any one view all emoticons? :iFkA: : no : looks intresting.

I caught myself rocking back and forth in my chair as I was listening. The wife looked into the studio and asked if I was havin a seizure.

Dig the main guitar riff, reminds me of J.L.Hooker.
The vocals have an early ZZ flavor.
The bass is coming through the L channel only.
I would drive this bad boy harder with the bass, but thats me.
I dig it.

i likes it. it’s groovy!
for me, everything could be driven harder with the bass :agree:
when i flipped on the powered sub, i got a better pulse out of it.

i agree with the ZZ and Hooker comparisons.
very texas blues tune.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Dec. 10 2008, 12:18 PM)

i likes it.
it's groovy!
for me, everything could be driven harder with the bass :agree:
when i flipped on the powered sub, i got a better pulse out of it.

i agree with the ZZ and Hooker comparisons.
very texas blues tune.

I appreciate that Bob, I'll be remixing today. Thx

Here is second mix of OH MY BABY

I can picture having this on in the car on a long drive…

I like it Levi, however is that a lo fi play?

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 11 2008, 4:34 AM)

I can picture having this on in the car on a long drive...

I like it Levi, however is that a lo fi play?

Yes

LO http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7131101&q=lo
HI http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7131101&q=hi

That’s low down music, innit? I like the bass over on the side.
Folks don’t do that much anymore, and it works here.
Funky drum sound. Even the weird fills at about 2:20 and about a minute later are cool and add to it. Nice modulation.
Great guitar.
I’m getting digital distortion on the guitar channel, and it seems to be in the mp3 - is that possible?
Maybe it’s my headphones.

On the modulation, it depends/ if you clicked the “heres the song link” as you opened this thread, that was a lofi link. I’m not picky lol

I just uploaded remix using outboard speakers. The mix you heard was done strictly by h/phones. My bad.
It’s the townhome I’m living in. Or the hrs I keep i guess. Anyway I appreciate niceness but I wan’t to make it better so keep the ears tuned for beautifying this song.
Thx for listening!