New Song

Where’s the mid range at? The mix sounds thin to me. Also, you can hear some not so good low level machine noise (hard drive or something) in the beginning before the whistle kicks in. Nice tune, I would just vist those two things.

Eyup!

Good stuff mate, brings out the Nac Mac Feegle in yer.

Wouldn’t mind joining the chorus, if you’ll let a Sasunnach in, that is.

Steve

Quote: (Beefy Steve @ Feb. 08 2009, 2:58 PM)

Eyup!

Good stuff mate, brings out the Nac Mac Feegle in yer.

Wouldn't mind joining the chorus, if you'll let a Sasunnach in, that is.

Steve

Ach weel! Ah'm verrae sure we can make a wee exception in this case. Go for it Beefy. Send me a wav. The last note is a longer hold.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Feb. 08 2009, 2:11 PM)

Where's the mid range at? The mix sounds thin to me. Also, you can hear some not so good low level machine noise (hard drive or something) in the beginning before the whistle kicks in. Nice tune, I would just vist those two things.

Cheers Bubba. The noise is probably from my drive. I'll take a listen,
Quote: (ange @ Feb. 08 2009, 11:28 AM)

Quote:

Ange/Craig,

Thanks Guys! Actually, I'm acutely aware that the vox are weak, but I'm gonna have another crack at it. Hopefully with a few volunteers for the chorus. Also, I've got this idea to get a girl to sing the quiet mid-section, kind of asking the menfolk to come home and fight for the land.
Also, haven't told him yet, but might ask Poppa to mix the vocals from a more distant point of view than mine :)

count me in if you is sure ya want me
:;):

Ange x

Hey Ange. You wanna sing the mid-section? Was itching to ask you but didn't want to drag you down to my level :)

I just got a pm from PW, he said he would sing it for ya if you would send him a kilt in exchange. I’d go for it, try it at least. :agree:

ewww - the imagery alone is scary enough.

This is great. Love it. Vocals too, although a bit of Ange would be fine.

Nice one.

Reminds me a tiny bit of Big Country. (Wanna borrow my eBow?)

Great guitar playing too.

Fab.

Sorry Bruffie I haven’t had a chance to comment on this. This is the best thing you’ve ever posted. The vocals should be dry if you ask me, no verb, or at best a single bit of slap with a very short interval, and you should sing through a tube mic that is really pushed to get more growl. I don’t recommend cigarettes, although that would also help, but art is not worth cancer. You could just go catcha cold and cough a lot. I love the idea of big over dub vox on the title line.

We get kilts for volunteering? SIGN ME UP! Oh and I’d like a side of bagpipe with the kilt please!

Keep at it Ian! Love it! :agree:

D

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 08 2009, 7:16 PM)

Sorry Bruffie I haven't had a chance to comment on this.
This is the best thing you've ever posted.
The vocals should be dry if you ask me, no verb, or at best a single bit of slap with a very short interval, and you should sing through a tube mic that is really pushed to get more growl.
I don't recommend cigarettes, although that would also help, but art is not worth cancer.
You could just go catcha cold and cough a lot.
I love the idea of big over dub vox on the title line.

Cheers Tom,
Don't know if this is karma, but just woke up with a cold. Maybe I should try the vox tonite :)
The big overdub was always in my mind, but didn't want it to be 10 of me. If you want to send me a 'marching home'? :whistle:

If I knew the difference between Scot speak and Irish I would send one. That probably sounds awful to you guys I know. Maybe I’ll do a dialect search. Kind’o like Texas vs. Arkansas accents I would think?

Quote:

Hey Ange. You wanna sing the mid-section?

I'd love to give it a go. :;):

Ange x
Quote: (ange @ Feb. 09 2009, 6:05 AM)

Quote:

Hey Ange. You wanna sing the mid-section?

I'd love to give it a go.
:;):

Ange x

I'd be honoured girl. Just send me a dry wav file of the vox, no effects. Would be great to have you on the track.
I'll try to recruit Spreadie as one of the warriors :)

My e-mail is: iwbrough@eim.ae

Should accept 10mb. If not I'll open a folder at mediafire.

Thanks Ange

I’ve re-done the lead vox to try and give it a bit more aggression. I’ve left the mid-section in for now as a guide as it’s hopefully going to be replaced by a certain Angelic voice we all know :)
Just need the band of warriors now. All vocal donations accepted :laugh:

I just tested the mp3 download from soundclick against a file Bruffie sent me and it holds up tempo wise. Last one I tested was goofed up by SoundClicks file compression rate. This one is fine for downloading and singing parts to.
Marching Home

Want a drum track? Like real live drums… Or maybe even a mix at some point… :) (No worries Poppa, Yadda Yadda is first in line as soon as the good room is up.)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 08 2009, 9:36 PM)

If I knew the difference between Scot speak and Irish I would send one. That probably sounds awful to you guys I know. Maybe I'll do a dialect search. Kind'o like Texas vs. Arkansas accents I would think?

I think that comes down to the difference between "feak" and to "give the boaby". Got a Scot in the band... I know so many filthy things in Sottish and Irish slang.... Manky is easily my favorite term. Your trousers are howfin!! Ya wee manky bampot! Got ya some knobrot from Willy Wonka?? Ought to pop you in the napper.

It’s funny without even knowin’ what it means! :laugh:

Quote:

Your trousers are howfin!! Ya wee manky bampot! Got ya some knobrot from Willy Wonka?? Ought to pop you in the napper.

You oughta hear that with an Alabammy southern drawl... :laugh:

D