New song.....

Ok, I’m not goinna pull any punches.
I’m hearing some sour notes in the harmonies.
Maybe you can get Ping’Cat to try some vocals.
Ping’Cat?
That’s you playin on this!
Nice sound!
And smart playin!

Pops, consider changing your name to Pong’Dog.
Or Pound’Dog…
“Pond’Dog and Ping’Cat”
Has a ring to it!
:laugh: OR Pound’Dog lol Pound’Dog and Ping’Cat

yep Levi - I whined and moaned my way through all the vocals - got all huffy and puffy over the reason.
I do have a perfectly good excuse though.

PongDog is a cool nick with pingcat. :agree:

Levi, I’m not much of a singer (I’m working on it). But Poppa didn’t need any help
on this one, his vocals sound good to me, fully in the spirit of the song. For guitar,
thanks for the smart compliment, I don’t always play smart, I try to play the feeling
I get, sometimes I play down right stupid, and sometimes that works. The truth is, I
only know about 5 licks.
And also for guitar, Poppa didn’t need me on this one, I’ve heard his playing and he
knows his way around the frets. I’m glad he liked what I did, because it was tough to
add an outside voice to such a personal message. In the end, I didn’t think about it,
I just played.
And yeah, the names funny isn’t it? Originally when I joined the forum I was going
to go by Pop-pop (my grand kids nickname for me), but I saw there was this guy named
Poppa with like 4000 posts, so I went with pingcat. I bet you could have had some
good jokes if Poppa had teamed up with Pop-pop! :peace:

Quote: (pingcat @ Jul. 09 2009, 6:42 PM)

In the end, I didn't think about it,
I just played.
And yeah, the names funny isn't it?
:peace:

Playin by feeling gets the most soulful and the best dynamic sound I'd say.
That's what I try to do too.

When I first saw your name ping, I thought you mught be a golfin picker!
What's your handycap, sweet women? :laugh:
:D Peace
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 09 2009, 3:39 PM)

yep Levi - I whined and moaned my way through all the vocals - got all huffy and puffy over the reason.
I do have a perfectly good excuse though.

PongDog is a cool nick with pingcat. :agree:

Aaa the moanin blues, I can relate! Pongdog! lol

Levi,
I’ve heard the ping thing about golf a few times, but I don’t know anything about golf.
pingcat comes mainly from a cat we had called ping, because for no reason
it would just ping off the walls, the drapes, the ceiling, and then go back to
being just a calm little cat, like nothing happened. In the end, we think the coy-dogs
or foxes might have gotten the poor little ping (I do keep a look over my shoulder
just in case they come back for me).

Quote: (pingcat @ Jul. 09 2009, 8:42 PM)

The truth is, I
only know about 5 licks.

Right . . . :whistle:

Yep that solo is outstanding.

I don’t know how you were able to write that song, Poppa, but it’s a hell of a song.

Finally had some time to give this a listen. Great tune, usuall great mix. Badass tone on the guitar solos. Pingy…what amp where you usin?

Thanks Duffman,
I didn’t use a real amp, I used Line 6 Pod XT. I think it was one of the Brit J-2000
sims with some of my own tinkering. I’ve only been using the Pod about 6 months but
I am happy with. Its not exactly the same, I’ve played thru the some of the real
stuff they are simulating, but it is close enough. (Missus pingcat hasn’t been feeling
well for years, so running an amp up at a good sounding volume isn’t going to work.)

This really is an awesome powerful song.

Bless you x

Thanks to all for your kind words…