new song

this ones a bit different

hello

I just uploaded my new song onto soundclick. Its called “girlfriend for a day”. I was so tempted to call it “the megan fox song” or “the kelly brook song”.

Its a bit different from anything Ive done before and because there are no drums or dedicated bass tracks my newbie ears had a bit of diffuculty mixing without a solid drum and bass foundation.

my first time using soundfonts, thanks to all those that helped me with a previous soundfont post.

performed by myself and co written by my friend martin williams

http://www.soundclick.com/bands…7840203

:whistle:

very very nice - which soundfonts you use?

I cant remember poppa, I check when I get back home onto the daw tomorrow. The piano is the freebie NI kore player, and the brass comes from a dsk vst. As for the strings i’ll have to go look tomorrow.

Thanks for listening. :agree:

oh, I love the liccle guitar twiddle at the end of each phrase, nice mood, sweet harmonies…nice work :agree:

Ange x

hey poppa

been trawling through the site, found the link to those soundfonts i used for the strings.

http://sounds.resonance.org/patches.py?Action=list&Category=17

loadsa love for adding the song to your playlist on soundclick… It was soooo cool to see it went into the soundclick chart at no. 29.

thanks for listening ange, hope you’re recording sessions are going well. I have to confess that I used the bio on your website as a guide for my own bio on my website. :;):

Im going on holiday today so I wont be around for a week or so, I’m currently trying to get my g/f to allow me to play my fleet foxes cd in the car for the journey instead of her lady gaga. :laugh:

:D

Very nice Alan!
the soundfonts do sound nice. Good seperation on the mix, good work with the vocal pannings. :agree:

Nicely written and performed piece. I like the mini-orchestra there
:agree: - sounds like it may not have been in the original, not so? Always enjoy reading the “about the song” section on soundclick…

Good mellow sound to it, nice all the way around, easy on the ears! :agree:

Interesting Alf, like the orchestration! Wouldn’t just love to read Megan? :laugh:

Yup I think the orchestration compliments this nicely.

Very good!

Quote: (GeoffO @ Jul. 22 2009, 9:36 AM)

Nicely written and performed piece. I like the mini-orchestra there
:agree: - sounds like it may not have been in the original, not so? Always enjoy reading the "about the song" section on soundclick...

the orchestra thing was something I added myself. The original was just my mate singin with an acoustic guitar at our local jam night.

thanks all you guys for your cool comments. :D