New to N Track, fade in/out problem...

Don’t get me wrong, “RTFM” is usually a good recommendation, but unfortunately, this reference needs some updating for version 4. The Ctrl key doesn’t control pan as described here anymore; Ctrl-A now pops up an “apply effects destructively” window, Ctrl-R pops up the mixdown window, and Ctrl-G now toggles the grid. And unless I’m mistaken, Ctrl-S, Ctrl-Y (also used for undo, of course), and Ctrl-H don’t do anything. The Alt key (view envelopes) isn’t mentioned at all. Lastly–and this isn’t 4.x specific–instead of simply saying “Zooming and panning the timeline window can be also performed very conveniently using the mouse wheel”, it’d be nice to clarify that MW controls horzontal panning, Shift-MW controls vertical scrolling, Ctrl-MW controls horizontal zoom, and Ctrl-Shift-MW controls vertical zoom.

Oh well, maybe in the next manual update… ??? :D

Tony

Please don’t take offense, Tony. It’s obvious you’ve done your homework. We’re just messin’ with the noobs.

teej

Oh, no, no offense taken, teej!!! I mean, if there’s a day to be extra careful about not getting the joke, lest you be made a fool of, this is be it! :laugh: Just throwin’ out some thoughts about manual corrections/updates while the topic was kinda touched on…and maybe to give a heads up to the ones who actually do RTFM…

Peace :cool:

Tony

Tony, I think control s still saves the .sng file.

'til next time;
TW

Quote (wynot @ April 01 2005,20:49)
Tony, I think control s still saves the .sng file.

'til next time;
TW

Thanks, Tony...I had never tried it, but that sounds logical. So, that would mean there's a discrepancy between the "reference card" in the manual (i.e. Ctrl-S controls pan for Track 2) and the current usage of Ctrl-S (i.e. saving files). My point was basically just that the manual needs some updating, that's all....

:cool:

Tony S