new to n-track - how to start

getting started

i’m a well respected singer/songwriter but i’m not young anymore and i’m from the world of analogue recording!
I used to use a few midi drum machines and outboard keyboards - and I have still got some! but I don’t really want to use them if this stuff on n-track is better. how do I get to create my own drum tracks and from there some bass things and layer some keyboard/guitar tracks. i’m trying to make the best album in the world. I need you.

well, the “bet album in the world” might take everything your midi keyboards and Ntrack software has to offer…

what I guess I am trying to say is, don’t poke holes in the boat and sink it just yet, you can use the boat and a plane to get to your destination. ???

there are a lot of free pluggins, sound banks and software add on’s out there available, but that does not negate the value of hardware and decades of peoples work in those fields.
:agree:

Hi, Tony. Follow this thread for a starter on the drums.

http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin/ikonforum/index.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=9995

If you are using n-Track 7, the drum machine screen will look a little different but it works in a very similar way.
Report back and then we can take you to the next step.