New toon

No Foolin’

Something I threw together. Fun to play, nuttin fancy. Comments welcome.

No Foolin’

That’s a great groove Yazmiester! Like the harmony leads on the main riff, very ‘Wishbone Ash’. Nice lead break. Wish I could put that edge on my voice! Drums are great, what you use?
Nice ending…
Like it Rich. :agree: :agree:

I like how you have fun. Reminds me of the Allman Brothers. Killer solo. :agree:

Love it Yaz! Great job. I like the wah work too… nice.

D

funky music from a white boy!? Love it!
An OLD white boy! :laugh: Little Jerry Reed in there too!

Wow, thanks guys. Anything in the mix need fixing?

Ian, the drums are Proteus VX, I’m getting a little better at the midi stuff.

Kevin, yep, listened way to much of Duane and Dicky twin leads. (In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed, one of my all time favs)

DC, used the Vox Tonelab, good wah pedal, not quite a Cry Baby but. . .

Poppa, whadda ya mean “OLD” :laugh: Jerry Reed was the man! :agree:

I was so taken by the overall sound I didn’t hear nothin to fix!

Quote:

Jerry Reed was the man!

You got that RIGHT brother!

D

I had a first mix posted and gave it a day, went back and listened to it and thought it sucked really bad. So I pulled out a cd (Tom Petty - Southern Accents) Used the first tune, “Rebels” as a reference and went from there.

My tinnitus has gotten really bad this week with tree polen (cedar is my mortal enemy) and the weather breaking after the snow (75 here today) I guess I better start hitting the Benedryl. Hard for me to tell what I’m doing with a mix.

:agree: Fun tune Richard, enjoying your vocal, guitar harmonies / hook and the up'beat! Nice!
Quote: (Yaz @ Mar. 07 2009, 10:49 PM)

My tinnitus has gotten really bad this week with tree polen (cedar is my mortal enemy) and the weather breaking after the snow (75 here today) I guess I better start hitting the Benedryl. Hard for me to tell what I'm doing with a mix.

Man can I ever relate to that problem but mine is sinusitus! Beleive me, oak, weather fronts. Ringing in the ears? Isn't that normal?

dip your finger in some rubbing alcohol then spread around in your ears. Will even work great for swimmers ear! As long as you have your balance, your normal. :laugh:

Thanks for the listen Levi! :)

Yeah, got some swimmers ear drops to use, am taking Benedryl already to ease the symptoms. Balance has gone so bad can’t go to the bathroom without running into a wall. The ringing is easing up, think it’s a long nap time today. Besides the race is on in Atlanta, quite a great nap! :laugh:

I don’t know if I’m making any sense right now cause Benedryl screws me to the wall upside down and sideways backwards! :cool:

Quote: (Yaz @ Mar. 08 2009, 10:43 AM)

Thanks for the listen Levi! :)

Yeah, got some swimmers ear drops to use, am taking Benedryl already to ease the symptoms. Balance has gone so bad can't go to the bathroom without running into a wall. The ringing is easing up, think it's a long nap time today. Besides the race is on in Atlanta, quite a great nap! :laugh:

I don't know if I'm making any sense right now cause Benedryl screws me to the wall upside down and sideways backwards! :cool:

:D Benedryl best taken 1 hr before bed time! :laugh:

hey when you get a chance try some rubbing alcohol in your ear sometime. I've done both, alcohol and simmer ear meds. I'll take rubbing alcohol anyday! Can't hurt to try gb, I feel for ya!

That guitar line in there is HoT…
AND…
the Harmony lines in the intro are Stellar…

It makes me wantta grit my teeth and tighten cheeks…
and listen to it with my left ear…

MaN…
Can you find a snare with more “Gravel” in it??
The guitar outtro is nice-and-smooth…
Could it be that some of the Guitars are toooo
smooooth SoUnDiNg…
????

Try another one Take that’s ToUgHeR…

Who am I to cretique great lines like that…
Anyway…
????

Wait till I listen…
again…
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

[EDIT] p.s.

I hear Levon Helmn…
The Drummer…
I can’t spell his name…
right…

I never really noticed a problem with the first mix, but I can sure hear the improvement with this last one. Great job. :agree:

Never noticed anything either…maybe could do woth a bit more bottom…I dunno…

Apart from that it sounded great Yaz! Sounded like you had fun there!

Thanks for the listens guys, I’m still warped out there in lulu land, but I’ve struggled a lot getting the bass sound I want.

After listening again to this mix I think the solo is a little too hot in the mix.
Maybe just put the mouse down and walk away from it for a while, I’m getting anal.
Then again I’m anal all over. :laugh:

Quote:

Maybe just put the mouse down and walk away from it for a while, I'm getting anal.

This is where I use my ipod/iphone and get great results. It allows me to drop a mix into it and then just listen to it over and over and learn where I want to do what. Little more here little less there. Then it's just listening and by the time I get back to the DAW I'm set to fix levels.
If you don't have a little mp3 player ya ought'a get one. Little USB players are cheap these days.